alone or a group

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I like going, even if my shopping is done. I love the excitement of the crowds, most everyone is in a good mood. Last year while we waited to get into Target, we got the people around us singing Christmas carols!

My best strategy tip for that day- you don't have to check out at the front of the store, the electronics coutner can check you out and so can the jewelry counter- which is never a big line there. I think I had to wait behind two people last year, one being my friend that went with me.

S

saj918

Hi I am new to the board and this subject caught my eye.

My cousins and I have a BF tradition. We gather at my Aunt's home on T-giving after dinner with each of our lists. We then figure out who needs to go to which store and split the lists. Whoever is going to that store buys everyones items, etc.
(The guys always do the electronic stores)

Then we meet later for leftovers, exchange items and settle money. My friends laugh and say "we are planning our tactical team attack" It is a lot of fun yet productive.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
My mother and I used to go on Black Friday, until she started working and having health problems. Now I go it alone. I like it better because then I can get my stuff and get out, shop at my pace, and feel accomplished. One year my mom had to get a TV at Rex. We stood in line for one and a 1/2 hours and the TV was sold out. I lost all that time waiting.

As everyone said previously, I too prefer to shop alone when I'm on a "mission" and with a group just for fun.

:package:

S

saj918

saj918- welcome to the ultimate internet sight! We are glad you are here!

Thanks for the welcome :grin:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have always shopped with a group on Black Friday. Our group would consist of anywhere from 3 to 10 people. But over the past couple of years I have been missing alot of door busters because of some people who were in the group were browsing and shopping while the rest of us had lists and went by ourlists. Once all the door buster were gotten then we would take our time to browse for other gifts. This year it looks like it may be just me and my hubby and maybe my bestfriend. With 2 kids now and the way the economy is I want to get the most for my money and not be out all day.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I agree with the get the most for your money! Yeah, I hope retailers will be doing some good ones this year as the whole country is feeling the crunch.

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
I LOVE shopping that day! My mom and I make it a tradition to go every year! I don't think I'd like to do it alone. I like to have the company! Sometimes you may need a little backup!

just remember some of the black friday deals can also be purchased online.

Usually the WalMart automotive dept opens their doors too so you can wait there and be one of the first ones in without getting there at 2 in the morning...lol!!! Just double check with the automotive people. Could be a good time to get an oil change while you are perusing the store too!!!! I did this one year because I had to be to work across the hwy at 7 and WalMart opened at 6. I wanted to purchase a double dvd player for the car and had asked the automotive dept where it was going to be (this was on Wedn. the day before Thanksgiving) and he not only showed me the map layout of the "early bird specials" but told me that the automotive doors will be opening also at 6. Well I showed up at the store at 5:45 and the people were wrapping around the bldg. Me and ONE other person grabbed shopping carts left outside by the auto doors and waited. Well they opened their doors about 10 seconds after we heard their countdown on the speakers. As soon as they opened the doors the back end of the line noticed me and the other guy go in and you saw a rush of people running towards us from behind...lol!!! :rotflol:

I hope to acquire the same information at the WalMart here in FL this year if I choose to shop on Black Friday :grin:

mommyof2g1b

MHH Member
Jul 17, 2008
NW Georgia
mommyof2g1b.blogspot.com
With someone else is best!!! Every year my eldest daughter (16) and I plan out our route weeks before thanks to the black friday site, then confirm the plan when we get our paper Thanksgiving, then wake before some of my family ever gets to bed just to be first in line in the store. This year DD had her wisdom teeth taken out the day before Thanksgiving. Needless to say I missed my partner in crime. We always divide and conquor and this past year I was all alone :O(. But we are planning next black friday!!!

Lisa