Americana Decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay I am getting out my Americana decor this week. I can't stand the bare spots and I just don't have the heart to sort my "regular stuff" into some displays that work!!

Usually I leave up the Americana stuff from May-September and then Fall goes up. Then the round of holidays...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's, St Pats, Easter and Spring.

The Americana stuff really brightens up the livingroom and I just don't feel like it has been "pulled together" and "working" since Easter....having it in March really messed my plans up. I'm looking forward to having something up several months without having to change it. Most of the stuff goes in the living room but I am adding a few kitchen pieces and will at least get out some red, white, and blue dishes to display!

When I get some stuff up I'll post pics over at Ginger's Home Journal and Where at Least I Know I'm Free.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I love Americana decor. I don't do a lot of decorating for summer, but what I do have is patriotic. Can't wait to see your pictures!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I also love Americana decor, but don't own any. LOL Maybe i'll add to my collection this year since we are staying in the military until retirement. I need some red, white and blue decor.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I love Americana too. I put some out in our living room too. I do my summer decorations around that theme, right down to the annuals in red, white and blue. I just ordered a bunting for the deck at camp from Oriental Trading. I just looked at my stuff in the attic that I have and some of it has seen better days. I have to sort it all and get some new accents.

Lisa

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I love Americana Decor. My home is decorated in a primitve style and I have one room thats Americana all year.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I usually do Americana on the front porch, including the petunias, and in the boys' bathroom. I'm changing the bathroom this fall, though to black and white. I may still keep a few little accents. I haven't done anything this year. I'm not sure what the problem is!!

I haven't even decorated my year round tree in patriotic decor yet. I'm going to try to get that done tomorrow...then it'll be done for Christmas in July breakfast. Sigh. So much to do, so little motivation!!

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
My livingroom & patio are both done in Americana. I love that stuff! I started decorating with it years ago--before I even knew it had a "name"! LOL!