An Unexpected Christmas Gift

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone!
Well, I haven't been posting much for a while, but I've been creeping the forums reading everyone's posts.

Some of you might remember that last fall I'd found out I likely couldn't have children. I hadn't even decided I wanted a baby, but DH wanted one, and I felt horribly guilty about being the reason he couldn't have one. The doctors were telling me it could take years of trying medications and treatments to see if anything would work, and they weren't sure anything ever would.

After several stressful weeks of debating my options, I decided one night I would just leave things in God's hands. If he meant for me to have a baby I would have one when I was meant to. If he didn't, I could spend years taking drugs with who-knows-what side effects with no success. I felt confident in my decision, like a big weight had been taken off my shoulders.

Six weeks later, I woke up thinking I had to go get a test. The doctors had pretty much assured me it wasn't possible, so I figured I was just being ridiculous and wasting my money, but it was positive. I have never been so shocked in my life. When I told DH he didn't believe me.

And this little baby is expected to make its arrival on our last Rudolph Day before Christmas!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What a wonderful blessing! Hope all goes well for you and keep us posted on your progress. God is good!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

I remember you writing about it last fall and I was so sorry. This is such wonderful news. A new baby for Christmas - I can't imagine anything more wonderful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh my goodness, how terribly exciting for you. I am very pleased to hear your news

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
What a great gift!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
FrostyShimmer, I am so happy for you and your hubby. I also remember you telling us about it. That is the perfect gift. Take it easy and let us know how you are doing! You will have a Thanksgiving Baby!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What a blessing to you and your beloved husband..... and to all of us, that you have shared this with us!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
What a wonderful blessing! Keep us posted in how everything goes.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. What a precious gift!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Congratulations! I have a similar story with secondary infertility. I decided to give it to God, and about 2 months later I was pg.

Have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Blessings!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Congratulations!! That's fantastic news!!

:D

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Oh, Frosty! What a wonderful blessing this baby will be. I am so very happy for you and your DH, Dear Heart. It is such a delightful wish come true. God is SO good.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Congrats to you & your hubby Frosty...That's wonderful news...