And now, Ike!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
These storms are just such major interruptions in our lives. If anything, they show us what is really important and how important it is to be prepared. Although many of us are hundreds of miles away from the storm, loved ones, weather, gas and food prices affect us. We must stay prayerful and grateful for the simplest and most precious things and people we have.

One thing about it, storms don't last but others will come. It's what we do with the times in between and how we get through the storms that count. :rain:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
StressLess said:
These storms are just such major interruptions in our lives. If anything, they show us what is really important and how important it is to be prepared. Although many of us are hundreds of miles away from the storm, loved ones, weather, gas and food prices affect us. We must stay prayerful and grateful for the simplest and most precious things and people we have.

One thing about it, storms don't last but others will come. It's what we do with the times in between and how we get through the storms that count. :rain:

That's true. Since my last post on this thread my electric was off again. Laptop battery was low so couldn't stay here long. So I've just been sitting here in the quiet looking out the door, in between conversations with my granddaughter.

Glad it's back at the moment tho.

BTW I'm about 90-100 miles north of you.

txgal

Retire Member
Nov 11, 2007
Texas
I live outside of Houston, and thankfully we only had some limbs down and our fence fell. I have electricity and water, but several of my relatives live in Houston and don't have electricity. The majority of my family lives in Beaumont, which also got hit hard by Ike. It may be a month before they get their electricity back on. As of right now, they don't know when they can even go home.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, it seems that Ike is finished. Up in northern Indiana, South Bend to be exact (Notre Dame), they got TEN inches of rain on Sunday!! Here in east central Indiana, we didn't get much rain, but oh the wind!! We had gusts up to 60mph. I don't like that so much. I didn't lose power, but my daughter and her family (who live in the boonies) did. Their water pump went out, so they went to a motel Sunday night. That thrilled my grandson. (He thinks motels were invented so that he can swim in the winter time! He will be six next month.)

I see pictures on t.v. of the devastation in Texas, and my heart just breaks for everyone in the path of the storm. My thoughts and prayers have been with them. Ike was a HUGE storm! It is so sad, so very sad.