Anne Perry

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Since we will be reading A Christmas Guest I thought I'd gather a bit of info about this author. The book we will be reading is actual her third Christmas novel.

A Christmas Journey
A Christmas Visitor
A Christmas Guest
A Christmas Beginning

I'm think we should work with her on some more imaginative titles. LOL She also writes several other mysteries series type of books. One series features William Monk and the other Thomas Pitt.

She was born in London England in 1938. she is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and has written some books with a religious focus. From her bio she states that she was sick frequently as a child and at one time was expected to die with the doctor saying he would be back the next day to sign the death certificate. She alludes to a film Heavenly Creatures which she has preferred not to see...a mystery there... She said her, her family, and friends knew nothing about it until the day before its release??? I will have to investigate further...or maybe some of you will know the story behind this film???

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
HOHOHO....our author has an interesting past....

See movie summary HERE

Her name was Juliet Hulme before she changed it to Anne Perry....interesting!!! Maybe we should follow up the book with a little movie viewing...

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
She has a past indeed! :haha:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
That fact that she will not talk about the movie made me order from the library. Must be a lot of truth in it. Can't wait to view it.

funny thing is I was in the library today and couldn't remember the title but remembered the author's first name. So I searched the topic Christmas ad then found Anne Perry. I went to the section and then saw all the Christmas titles and then wasn't sure of the title...lol So I picked them all up but from your list I see that they didn't have A Christmas Beginning BUT they also had (which is not listed) A Christmas Secret.

So I have A Christmas Guest; A Christmas Journey; A Christmas Secret; and A Christmas Visitor!!!! Now I will have to look for a Christmas Beginning!!!