Annie's Word- THRIVE

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I picked the word Thrive for 2011- to move from Surviving to Thriving!

The 1st part of 2010 was spent in Radiation Therapy, 2nd part was spent trying to heal and recover my energy and ALL of 2010 was spent in shock that I actually went through having cancer and what that meant- to have gone through that, and even trying to figure out how to be a cancer survivor and all the emotions surrounding that.- it's not all rainbows and lollipops like I thought it would be.

In 2011- it's time to get back to life but also to use what I have learned and to notch things up a bit- to really thrive!

* Spiritual- need to take more time to have quiet time (especially in the mornings) to get into touch with God and prayer time. Go to church on Sundays more consistently. Want to do: 5 Sundays on, one Sunday off.

*Health-
* Continue with all appointments and checkups. Need to get to dentist for a regular cleaning.
I want to implement and live in Extreme self care! Making sure I'm eating right, getting exercise, staying hydrated, making sure I rest, quiet time, and getting to bed at a decent time.

* Relationships- Continue my strong relationships with my parents and siblings. Amp up the time spent with my childhood friends! ~ Cultivate these relationships more.

*Down time-
-A Vacation- I want to go somewhere this year- a real vacation! Something fun and tropical!
- Do a few long weekends- some 4 day trips to places.
- Read more! I'm not doing this enough!
- Learn to knit!

* Home Life- Really get into routines of cleaning and organization- including menu planning!
- Moving- I have outgrown this place! And I want a yard so I can have a dog!

* Finances- Save more, invest more. Again 2010 was kind of wierd because having the unexpected bills of a major illness (even with very good health insurance) and having to take time off work without pay was a hit to my pocketbook. Now, I have my vacation back (Yea!) So, it is time to pay down a couple credit cards that I have leaned on, and get my savings plumped up.

* Job- Things are good but in order to Thrive- it's time to look elsewhere as I am never going to make much more $$ than I am right now. Also want to look into making extra $$ on the side- want to explore some opportunities.

Annie

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie what an amazing list of goals. I can relate to a few of your goals. I am awed that there are so many wonderful meaningful words out there.
Best of luck to you in 2011 my friend

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good word Annie. Look forward to following your journey and learning from you too...

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Perfect word Annie! Great goals, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I want to implement and live in Extreme self care!

*Down time-
-A Vacation- I want to go somewhere this year- a real vacation! Something fun and tropical!
Annie

I love the phase "Extreme Self Care". We all need this to be a priority in our lives.

I think AZ is a fun and tropical area since I live in WI.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Ahorsesoul- Yes, it is hot here- but tropical, no........ And no beach either! :)

Yes, I agree that Extreme self care should be a given, and not something we are trying to attain. It's sad how we always put our care last.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love your word and the way you are going about to achieve your goals. :)