Any small business owners out there?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I do and our expenses are limited, so I do all kinds of little things. For Thanksgiving I give them a choice of a pie from Village Inn or a Turkey for dinner. For Christmas it varies. I've done grocery store gift certificates, but that's to impersonal for me. I did massage gift certificates one year and some of the women like them and some didn't. I'm doing gift cards this year to Mimi's cafe for breakfast out. The holidays are our busy season, so we usually do a dinner night out after the New Year.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
we sell to small business owners. They buy turkeys from our farm to give to employees. Our turkeys are naturally grown without hormones so because that seems to be the trend that people are getting back to natural food, they are very popular. :friendly:

leslie03

Retire Member
Jul 14, 2008
Augusta, GA
In the past our office manager held a Thanksgiving party at her house. She supplied the main dish & everyone else brought a side dish. She had crafts for the smaller children & the adults really just hung out & watched the game.

One year we had a Thanksgiving party at our boss's house. She catered in everything (BBQ), we roasted smores & we had a fun game of soccer.

This year we are going to have it at our boss's house again, but everyone is to bring a dish.

For Christmas they have always spent a great deal of money. This year will be a little different since we have lost some business (we do company retirement plans). We normally always do the Chinese Gift Exchange. One year we all brought in a gift, another year they provided the gift. It was something inexpensive & we did a round of the gift exchange, then we had to open it & there were $50 gift cards to different locations inside. We did another round of the gift exchange. That was so much fun! We did a scavengar hunt one year & the team that found everything won a 10-15 gift cards. We did scattergories (I think that's what it's called), where you draw out the Christmas song & your team had to guess it. They got one point if they guessed it right, two points if they could sing it. Then the other team had the opportunity to try to sing the song & steal the points.

This year we are closing for the afternoon & going to the Pinnacle Club for lunch. We are going to ask everyone to bring in an ornament & do the Right Letter or something. We are still in the planning process, so I'm sure there will be some games involved.

I hope this makes since, my son kept pulling me away. If not let me know & I'll try to do better. :haha: