Anyone Christmas Songs you DON'T like?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just saw this post, so funny,
I cannot stand Santa baby, or jingle bell rock.
I like most of the classics and I think silent night is still my favourite.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I can't stand Little Drummer Boy.

I know it is a classic, but it makes my ears bleed.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
MinnieCO,

So funny about the Bob Dylan song, my husband and I were so excited when when a few years ago we saw Bob Dylan's new Christmas CD, we bought it immediately, unwrapped it in the car, which we never do, but we were excited! We put it in the player, when the first song played we looked at each and thought oh my well hopefully it's just a fluke, the second song came on and again we looked at each and fast forwarded it to the next song. We did that with each consecutive song. Hating each song as we progressed through the cd. We came to the conclusion, that he didn't want to make an album and was forced. :)

As soon as we got home it went into the trash, and if you know my husband that is unheard of. So, the short of it, I don't like Christmas Songs by Bob Dylan.

~ Farmerswife

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well farmerswife..I'm glad I'm not alone. It was BAD....LOL On the other comments, I don't know the donkey song off the top of my head. I'll have to go looking for it. Maybe there is a reason. ;)

Jennifer73

Retire Member
Aug 7, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Great question.

I agree with those who don't like "Santa Baby" and chipmunks.

I also sometimes hate "modern" versions of classics. I like "Do you hear what I hear." but I hate the Whitney Houston version.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MinnieCO,

So funny about the Bob Dylan song, my husband and I were so excited when when a few years ago we saw Bob Dylan's new Christmas CD, we bought it immediately,
I thought the same thing.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
well that's kinda silly..????? I'm sure I've heard it before, but obviously not every often and there's probably a reason why I don't remember it...LOL

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That one I love...more because of the memory behind it. I just remember my step mom singing that sing throughtout the holidays when I was younger. I got the purple hippo blow up for my yard this year. I'm super excited to have it out.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
So funny to read everyone's responses to this question!

The one song I always turn off is Christmas Shoes. Grandma Got Run Over is a close second. Although I watched the cartoon last year of the same name, and Grandma wasn't really killed off by the sleigh, lol. Actually kinda cute story.

I don't mind the novelty songs too much, who doesn't love dogs barking Christmas carols? lol

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Great question.

I agree with those who don't like "Santa Baby" and chipmunks.

I also sometimes hate "modern" versions of classics. I like "Do you hear what I hear." but I hate the Whitney Houston version.

I love Whitney but I hate that song too. Every time it comes on the radio I change the station. And they play it a lot. lol

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
So funny to read everyone's responses to this question!

The one song I always turn off is Christmas Shoes. Grandma Got Run Over is a close second. Although I watched the cartoon last year of the same name, and Grandma wasn't really killed off by the sleigh, lol. Actually kinda cute story.

I don't mind the novelty songs too much, who doesn't love dogs barking Christmas carols? lol

Christmas Shoes is another song I turn the station when it comes on.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
One I can't stand since I was a child is "I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas". So annoying!

I have to laugh because I think it's cute. I first heard it only about two years ago. LOL

hollyberry

MHH Member
Jun 10, 2011
I haven't heard of some of these like Christmas shoes and the donkey song.
12 Days of Christmas irritates me though and some modern singers/groups re-making old favorites.Give me some Bing Crosby anyday!!! I also love hymns.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I loathe all of Cliff Richard's Christmas songs. Even more than his regular ones.

I always seem to time it perfect when I go into shops... It's always one of his songs that's playing :rolleyes:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I cry over the Christmas Shoe song. Especially right at the beginning of the season.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
yes Minnie as that song gets to me as I lost my mom to cancer and I gave her the one thing I knew she loved was those scented cinnamon pinecones,i brought one to her to give her that one memory before she passed,so yes that song is hard for me to listen to.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I've never heard the Christmas Shoe song before, I had to go look it up.

Such a sad song but I think it would be a song I'd rather not hear at the holidays.