Anyone doing the House & Holiday (Houseworks) this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hello everyone!

I'm back again for the House & Holiday Plan this year. We should be in Week 2 this week. Where is everybody? :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im planning on doing this one this year- or as much of it as I can. Tweaked a bit for our house and adjusted a bit for our weather (summer v's winter). I don't have it starting til 30th August- unless I am thinking of a different plan?

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
O M G!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!! No wonder there is nobody home! I'm a whole month early! It is AUGUST 30. LOL!! Okay -- here I was scrambling to make sure I was on time. Alright -- now I have all the time in the world! Whew!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I actually don't follow a plan, I have never found one that works for me. I start spring cleaning in September and have it all done by end of November.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I love this plan and have done it for years, but this year with having to completely renovate the house, build an addition and get it all ready for winter, I won't be following any plan.

I will fit Christmas prep in where I can and will be reading along to see what everyone is up to, but that will be it for me.

In the past, I have been the one to start the weekly threads and do check-ins to see how everyone is doing - I hope some wonderful person out there will be willing to do it this year.

Thanks and best wishes to everyone who will be doing the plan.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank Goodness For This Thread!!!! I REALLY Need… A Plan! Of course…. I don't REALLY follow it…. but it helps keep me moving…. and keeping me doing "something"!!!! And the ONE thing…. that we HAVE learned together…. is that "Every Little Bit Helps". And… we ALL… need ALL the help that we can get!!!

So -- I'm IN!!! Cindylouwho…. you have given us "enough notice"… to… get ourselves together! (As much as possible!) And… to get ourselves "ready to work the plan"! (As much as possible!)

(Sweetpumpkinpye… I WISH I could start in September and finish in November! But… I CAN do "something"…. if I work along, with you guys!)

tanya - We ARE starting in summer… here in the northern hemisphere! And… with "climate change" -- who knows what kind of weather… ANY of us will have…. in November and December?????? All we do know is… it might be 'CRAZY".

I Do feel better… knowing that I have some very lovely MHH friends… to work along with me!!!!! Thank you, sweethearts!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm in. I have never gotten it all followed. I do what I can, when I can. It works out very well to have a plan in place even if I get off track I have a way to get going again. Love it.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
This is my favourite one. I have tried others but found that they did not work as well for the set up/ lay out of our home. I got through most of it last year some weeks better than others. I added and subtracted where needed. I have my print outs from last year but will be adding new ones and updating what I want to include.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking through this plan I can see that it is very comprehensive I can see why people use it.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I do love this one too, even though I am often off track-I agree with SN-it is so helpful to at least have a plan to follow AND great people to help us through! But Cindylouwho I agree thank goodness it doesn't get going until the end of the month-whew!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
CindyLou, you scared the jingle bells out of me. I love this plan and generally try to follow it every year. I thought I was losing it when you said it started a week ago. Whew, now we can all breathe a little easier. LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I follow my own plan but I like to refer to this one to see what needs to be done every week. Mel was our cheerleader for this one!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I will do my best to follow this plan. have already made several bags and took to goodwill.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I sort of mesh the two plans and do the rooms/assigned weeks in the order that works best for me and our house, but I do like to have set tasks to complete each week because it points me toward a goal.

With DD22 getting married and having a home of her own, DD18 off at college, DH at football practice most evenings through late October, and giving up the responsibility of the youth group at church, I may actually accomplish some things this year! Oh, my....this will all be totally new for me! :)

I'll definitely be reading the boards to see what everyone is doing.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I like, Jane, will be combining the two plans. I try to alternate between the plans each year but, often combined them. I like parts of one plan and parts of the other.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho, you gave me a scare. Whew!

I'm in. I've had great results with this plan. Some weeks are better than others. I see a difference when I have a checklist to follow. I spend less time thinking and more time doing.

Mel, I hope you can chime in every now and then. Your posts were encouraging.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Although I do not follow any plan I am so keen to start my Spring cleaning at the end of this month. I have written lists and I am stocking up on cleaning supplies and I am ready to go.

AliciaKnits

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2011
Count me in too for this year! I skipped everything last year, we just weren't feeling it. We had a cat and his first year with us, "we" broke 4 glass ornaments. All of the unbreakables (kid) ornaments were low, I'd wake up every morning and find them on the floor ... with a cat, you know how it goes. We still have him, and got a smaller tree. So this year I will gladly participate again, hoping kitty is not as entranced by the tree this year. Or if he is, at least we'll take better precautions.