Anyone Made An Advent Calendar?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I want the advent calender that my mom has of my grandmas but she won't give it to me. Because she still hangs it up in her kitchen everyyear and all the grandkids love it, so all my brothers and I want this so no one gets it.

I used to buy the ones with chocolate in them for the kids when they were younger but have done nothing for about 5 years now. Maranda misses it so maybe I will make each one their own this year now what to do

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I made one this past Christmas. It was from a kit sold at Hobby Lobby. After the 40% off coupon it was only 6 or 7 bucks. It was a big box divided into 25 sections with 25 little 2 inch boxes that slide out for trinkets and candy. It was plain paper mache. The kids and I painted it white and then I decorated it with scrapbook paper, punches and rubber stamps for the numbers on each box. It turned out pretty cute. I took some pics, I will try to upload one. Occasionally the uploading on this site gives me fits, though. ;) I never could get the snowglobe picture of my kids to upload and I tried several times.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I want the advent calender that my mom has of my grandmas but she won't give it to me. Because she still hangs it up in her kitchen everyyear and all the grandkids love it, so all my brothers and I want this so no one gets it.

You could make your family members one just like Grandma's for Christmas so they all have one. Then maybe you will be gifted with the original.

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I've made a couple of them, both were quilted wallhangings. A lot of quilt shops sell a kit for such a thing...you cut out the main panel, and then the ornaments. Quilt the panel and I usually attach buttons to it so that the ornaments can be hung on it.
One year I gave one to someone from OC for a Christmas swap. They are pretty easy to make and sooo cute. I have another one in my to-do box, I'll probably make it next month.