April Check In: 500 Miles to Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
How are you doing with the walking 500 miles to Christmas challenge? I've been hit and miss the past month. The last couple of days it has been too hot in the late afternoon when I walk. Yes, I could have walked early evening but didn't. Need to get back to a routine.

So how are you doing?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
hmmm.... well I'm not counting but I am taking a short walk at work everyday... something I almost never did before. ... it's better than nothing!

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Oh! I'm so glad you posted this!! I forgot to check in on this. I had a slightly better month with my walking, despite one minor setback - where I got attacked by a goose while walking at a lake!!! It was dreadful!!! I had to take a week off and then find a new place to walk at.

Anyways, In all I think I got in 14 miles this last month - which i a small improvement on the 10 I had the last month. I think I am getting behind a bit, but I know I can still do it!!! I just have to keep plugging away. So with 24 total miles down, that leaves me 476 to go!

Keep going everyone!!!

~Laney :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm not walking but I am taking exercise classes at the YMCA since Jan. Still going strong. Good luck to the walkers! Just take one extra step today. That's all it takes.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've started using my pedometer which measures steps rather than miles. My goal is to average 8,000 steps a day in April. So far this month I'm at 8,700 per day - woohoo! My goal is to bump that to 9,000 per day in May.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The question is - how many of should NOT be doing this walking?

I think very very many of us SHOULD be doing it. I will TRY to figure out a distance and join in. Maybe I can start with 1/2 mile. Could I do a mile? Hmmm. :thud: