April declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I sent some scrapbooking odds and ends home with LC the other day. She has DDs who make cards. Next I hope to sort my SB paper and get rid of some of it. I have two huge rolling carts of plain paper and several file containers with other patterned paper. More than one person can use in a lifetime. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered the sewing basket. Threw away some stuff - so that felt good. Hadn't been done in many years.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Not many will see that sewing basket is decluttered but every time you see it your heart will soar.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Purged out ds's underwear drawer... threw a lot out. And got 5 t-shirts out (but of these dh picked 2). Put one pair of my pj pants in the trash too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been doing good in the Scrap Studio. Not too much going out of the house but lots is getting sorted and organized. I gather all the same type items together, search my collection of plastic boxes for a container or buy the correct size I need right away. Most of the living room is starting to look better since I was using the couches and tables in there or organize on. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lots of decluttering done today. 2 bags in the recycling, 1 bag given to my nephew and another bag ready to be sent to mom's.
Purged cards (threw almost all of them out), papers, school supplies the kids don't use anymore. DD was more ruthless than I was.
I've got ALOT more to do in the basement, but it's a very nice start.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We have a hall/loft area that is our library, with floor to ceiling bookcases. We've just had it painted ...I remember when we were first married, I went to a big book sale, so I could get some books to decorate our house! What was I thinking?! We now have books coming out our ears! ........)

I was the same way when I got my first place! I wanted a book collection and dreamed of a library the size of Belle's in Beauty and the Beast. Really what I think I wanted was the calm of being able to sit there and having the time to read on a rainy day, all snuggled up in front of the fire. Now we too have books coming out our ears! I'm with ya -- what was I thinking?!! :) I have to paint DD's bookcase also. Trying to get my oomph up to do it. (Painting the bathroom today.)

Have been decluttering like crazy here getting ready for an event. Much has gotten done. Moved my cookbooks and separated my faves to a new spot. Leaving the "non-faves but often used". Tossed 8. Separating them is helping me be ruthless. Latching on to a neighborhood garage sale through a friend -- a rare opportunity so we plan to unload about 3 pickup loads of stuff we really no longer need. (Reading up a lot on Minimalism to give me strength).

The guest room is still in process. This is currently the land of lost home decor. Items I never hung up or framed. Have spent this week measuring and framing (as frugally as possible as this event is costing a fortune) and it is slowly coming together.

Christmas is going to be awesome this year with so much clutter gone!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have a hard time getting rid of books too but with my e-reader I do not need them all.
So today, I've gotten 20 in a bag. I will bring them to the lounge at work and see if they get picked up, otherwise it'll be to the thrift store.
Got 5 vhs cassettes in the garbage too. Got lots more that need to go, but a little at a time is still good!

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Added one more box worth of books to the FR bookcase. That leaves about 2 more square feet of room on the craft room floor than I had before...I'll take it!
Also saved vacation packing list on the computer (had been 3 sheets of paper on kitchen table).

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Decluttered the garden pots that have been accumulating for the past 5 years or so. Now they are stacked and ready to be recycled back at the garden store the next time I go. Of course, I'll probably come home with more plants in pots but it should be a net loss. :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to declutter pots too. I picked up all new pots this year when they first were on the shelves. I wanted them all to match because I'm going to be stacking three together for each side of the garage. Thanks for the reminder.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got the coat closets decluttered. 2 winter coats will be given away as well as a few hats. Also threw out a few knives & forks that were rusted. and on we go... ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just moved house and I have boxes of stuff to be rid off. Anything that does not fit in the new house is going out. I cannot believe that one family had so much stuff. Truly ridiculous. Really makes me think about what is coming into the house.