April Fools Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Just wondering if anyone has any great tricks up their sleeves for April Fools Day. I usually check Family Fun for some ideas - I try and do at least a few of the food ideas which my kids love. What do you do?
:confused:

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Not sure yet what I'll do here, trying to think about something special since D/H goes back to work that day after being out 5 months.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
For the office or work place:
Take in some snacks now in a plain brown paper bag, leave it on the table for folks to help themselves.
Then on April 1 you bring in the bag, leave it at the same place, roll the bag down a little so it's not open. Inside the bag taped to the bottom you put a note. "Why are you looking in here? Is this your bag?"

My dh did this at his office where everyone is a chow hound so it went over really well.

For kids lunches. When I was in school everyone took a lunch with a sandwich. One year this guy's mother put a piece of cardboard in his sandwich instead of the cheese. She had "April Fool's" written on the cardboard. She was nice enough to put a piece of cheese in the bottom of the lunch sack.

I always left a message for my boss on April Fool's Day that I had fallen off my horse and broken my leg so I won't be in. It was so funny because each year they would have forgotten I'd done it the year before.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
You could put a couple of drops of food colouring in the childrens' cups before you pour their milk, then watch their eyes widen as the "magic" occurs.
Gidget-

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
My hubby's birthday is April 1st, so we like to joke in our house that he is our April fool!!! :rotflol: