April Turkey Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
April Turkey Day is Thursday,,,,where does time go? Turkey Day is a pretty low key day for me. I will write in my Gratitude Journal and look through cookbooks for some recipes!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
On Turkey Day, I work on something for family. So, this Turkey Day I will select a day during the winter holidays for a family dinner. I'll plan the menu. I'll probably send out save-the-date cards. And, I should do a little more 2008 planning. Calendar work. (I do wish my office was declutered. Maybe I'll work on the office too.)
:turkey:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am planning on finding some new appetizers to make for the big day and for our event with DH's family. If I have time, I'm going to make some Harvest Crackers to give out as favors, leaving one end open and then fill it with candy a little closer to November.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have always thought that the crackers would be nice for Christmas but have never made any. I was hoping to do a nice meal for Turkey Day since I am off but I think my DD and I will shop in the afternoon. She is suppose to go on a riverboat cruise that evening for some voluteer work and she wants me to go. Will see.

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I am planning on working on my gratitude journal, looking through craft books and patterns for Thanksgiving decor to make and if all goes well making some homemade cinnamon rolls and trying to freeze part of them before the second rising. This is something I am testing for the big family visit over Thanksgiving possibly for Thanksgiving morning. :pilgrim:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love Turkey Day!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ahorsesoul....you almost always cook something yummy on Turkey Day...no wonder you love it!!! LOL

On Turkey Day...spend a few minutes checking out the Turkey Day blogs....we have some really cute ones set up by members.

I am writing in my journal
Adding a I'm Thankful For list to my daily email to friends and family
Working on the Cranberry & Compnay site/

I know I said I was going to work on decor inventory...and I really need to but I just will not have the time...might get to it this weekend though!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast this morning. I'll write in my gratitude journal later this afternoon. :friendly:

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
For me, we will have a simple turkey based meal on thursday! I like the idea of a gratitude journal - will endeavour to find a nice book and start writing down the things I am gratful for!