"Are you ready for some Football"?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Sunday kicks off the first full day of NFL football, What have you got planned?
My family is so excited we are having Chicken Kick off Kabobs, fieldgoal phillies, touchdown tacos, Quaterback burgers, Redskin Potatoes, Panther chocolate Packed Brownies and sack em salsa and chips. I use to fight football but I learned many years ago that it was a great way to celebrate family and friends. We play games during half time and really have a great time, even the ladies!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
HeHeHe....already ahead of you...we kicked off football season this past Saturday with the Mizzou-Illinois game.....GO TIGERS!!!!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I want to come to your house! What a menu :) We love football here and have our fantasy teams all ready to go. Our menu is still up in the air but you have given me some great ideas, thanks :)

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
We kicked off the football season with the Notre Dame game Saturday. Can't wait for the ND vs Michigan game on Saturday and the Dallas Cowboy vs Tampa Bay Bucs on Sunday. GO IRISH!!!!! GO 'BOYS!!!!!!

snowgoose

MHH Member
Even though we are in the UK we follow the American Football, we get the games live on Sunday evening( we're ahead of you timewise of course). We are Patriots fans because of our connections with New England.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Our football kick-off is tonight with the first regular season game for the Steelers! I don't have anything planned at this moment...do have some buffalo chicken dip that I could make up for us as we watch the game.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Very ready for some football and we usually have some beers and a cookout at my parents house while we watch the games and keep an eye on our fantasy teams. Unfortunately, I'll have to miss this week because I have to take my MIL to a baby shower. :(

Honestly, they had to choose Sunday of opening week?

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I was camping last weekend so i didnt get to see my Michigan State game (they won though, woohoo) but we were able to watch the Michigan game that afternoon and the Alabama game that night. Tonight i will be watching the Pittsburgh game and keeping tabs on the fantasy players. I love football. Hope my 0-16 Detroit Lions do better this year. :)

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
We're all set here too. We're not having anyone over so it'll be a simple menu...nothing like what you've got planned...too bad you live so far away, I'd swing by in a heartbeat! :eek:) We've got out fantasy leagues all set up too. Don't care if I win or lose, as long as I finish above DH's teams! lol

Oh yeah...GO PATS! and I suppose Broncos too as that's DH's team.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Baahaaahaaaahaaa...Redskin Potatoes!!! That slays me!! We kicked off last week too with a high school game Friday night-set a state record for attendance at a high school game with 2600 fans in attendance! Then on Saturday we watched on tv as our Arkansas Razorbacks beat some school from Missouri...and ate smoked turkey sausage heros with seasoned fries and brownies with ice cream for dessert.

But your right-there's nothing like opening day of the NFL...unfortunately we'll be watching the Patriots play the Cowboys, Titans and Vikings, one quarter each-DS9 is playing in a "jamboree". DS8 has practice at the same time. Gotta have the season wrapped up by the time hunting season begins in November, you know! I actually enjoy that, too!

LOL! I"m such a tomboy at (almost) 50 years old.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
One word.... NO!