August 2023 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh thanks, I guess my August Declutter is in July. That's okay I started in July.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
I'm going through a major decluttering right now. I've got to the point where I've had enough of all the junk, and knowing I've got something - but where on earth is it?!
I've filled about five garbage bags of either rubbish for the bin, or kids clothes for charity.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
The July stuff is still in the back of my SUV. Maybe I'll get to drop off this afternoon????

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have filled my big shredder four times as I pack up the sunroom which is my office too. Have two bags to go to goodwill. And have two boxes packed to head to the post office for my niece’s kids.

LC2 took two plants today.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dropped off a Christmas tree and a big box of christmas ornaments at ds's house for my niece. Got a bag to the thrift shop (included a few things I picked up in mom's LR when she wasn't looking)

Started a new bag for the thrift shop:
2 sweaters
2 dresses
1 cami

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I started in the linen closet tonight. I didn't finish, but I have two bags to go to the consignment store. They're taking home items, but no clothes or shoes right now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sent to the thrift store 12 glass plant pots I will not use 8 square terracotta pots that I never did use, two orchid pots that i did not like, a beautiful red/yellow glass vase that someone will love, a box of old glass perfume bottles and two metal vases my dad had gotten in Korea. It filled the back fourth of his SUV. I have several small tables I would like to go next along with a heavy baby changing table that I used for plants. Right now all but 3 plants are on the front porch.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
On Wednesday of last week, I cleaned out my office closet, which is very deep, and organized my family room closet, which again is very deep. And because of that I was able to remove from our home, a mini trampoline, 6 wine glasses, a couple of shirts. Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps. ;)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I took my 2 sisters each a gallon size bag of pictures to the party, so those bags are gone. Also took Miranda some plastic dishes for Kayce from the 3 cabinets Teigan and I cleaned last week.

Threw some old glasses away and few other things that had missing parts from out of the cabinets.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I took 5 bags to the consignment shop Thursday. Later that day, they posted that they were full and would be temporarily not accepting items until further notice. Collected $130 from my account from sold items last season. Put it up for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shredded a large pile pf photos from when I tidied the photo trunk and family history. Almost a small garbage bag full. Tossed some dried up pens.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have a box started for Goodwill.

Stuff I got for Teigan today and Thursday night went home with her today.

Took 2 envelopes full of pictures to the library---grade class pictures for 1930 and up till late '80's and some pictures of the Methodist Church when breaking ground on the new one and 2 directories. So many I knew and are gone now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 book, 7 highlighters (given to niece for school), 1 comb, 1 pen, 1 capri, 2 icepacks (broken).

However, I did come back from mom's with a few things... sigh....
but we got a crapload of stuff to the dump (a whole trailer). Sis, 2 brothers and me worked on the 2 sheds outside on Sunday afternoon while mom was gone (she is hoarding now with her alzheimer's). Not really much time to go through and donate and it was all musty.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I know that decluttering a trailer isn’t the same but I tossed a bunch of magazines and newspapers that were no longer neede.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went back through my underwear and sock drawer. Got rid of a bag full of ratty stuff. Our niece is moving and needed boxes. I went through our box stash. Pitched a few, saved a few for Christmas and loaded the rest in my car to drop off later this week.