August GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Halloween is coming up fast!! Gotta start stepping up on things!

Today I'm working on scheduling posts on my blog for the month of October.
Weird... I just finished day 13th and we are August... 13th! wooooooooo

I don't think it'll be a H.Potter Halloween this year but I'm keeping all my ideas for next year.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My SIL and I are having an impromptu GPD day tomorrow. She is the Queen of Halloween, but is expecting her first child any day, so she's "delegating" Halloween to me this year! I am both excited and terrified - I have BIG witchy shoes to fill! ;)

We will be discussing the dinner menu for 6 adults and 3 kids and planning decorations. I also have a few crafts to make that I didn't get to last year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We are having a fall break in our school schedule this year. This is the first time in my 25 years of teaching that we have had one. It is going to be on the weekend of Halloween. We are thinking about taking a trip to see the fall leaves turning. Now I am torn. I love, love, love celebrating Halloween, handing out treats, etc. Oh, decisions. What do I do???? I'm still gonna decorate. I guess I will just have to celebrate Halloween on the road.

sassygirlsmom

Retire Member
May 22, 2010
I bought some precious orange, black, and purple Christmas ornaments at Hobby Lobby last weekend. My husband thought I was crazy for buying Christmas stuff for Halloween. Planning on using art mesh and some foliage to make a garland for my front door! Can't wait!

:pumpkin:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
sassygirlsmom, I bought my orange and purple ones last year after Christmas, but the black ones were all gone. So I'll be right there with you picking them up next time they are on sale.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
what kind of ornaments were they? And how are you going to use them? Do you do a tree for Halloween? I have seen one done and it's kinda cute. I have several small things that would be cute on a tree.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cathymac told us about a halloween tree she did and I have done one for the past 2 years. It's a tree full of masks.

sassygirlsmom

Retire Member
May 22, 2010
Ornaments

Have you seen the art mesh used in lots of florists and boutique decor shops? Last year at Christmas I bought some in candy cane stripe and bunched it with pine garland and white lights around my door and also wrapped it around a prelit wreath. It turned out so cute I decided to do the same with Halloween, but I am going to add the ornaments also, with zip ties so they can't fall off. I'm going to use some in either orange or green, or a stripe if I can find it. My florist sells it by the roll and she is looking for some in a cute stripe for me. As soon as I get it done, I will post some pictures. I'll try and find a link too so that those of you who don't know what I'm talking about can see it. Its pretty awesome stuff!

sassygirlsmom

Retire Member
May 22, 2010
That was easy! This is not mine, I just found it. But the candy cane stripe she uses to demonstrate is the same kind I used for Christmas last year. Scroll down past the candles to see!

This is the basic idea for wreaths. I use the same method for garland and then add the ornaments wherever you want!

http://thewreathartist.blogspot.com/

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love that idea Sassygirlsmom! I have some orange tulle, that would work too to make a garland!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Great Halloween site with sale

http://www.halloweeneffects.us/

This is new to me and they have a great 50% sale right now. I have never bought from them and don't know anything about the company. I am loving the three dancing witches for the front yard. I know about the dancing ghosts that someone here posted a link for making. I found them in my Halloween notebook and had been trying to figure out how to make something like that with witches.

With the 1/2 the price isn't too bad for the witches, but it is still way more than I want to pay. However, the photo is giving me ideas......maybe I can make some.

Boooo haaaa haaaa haaaa

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm keeping the link. You know that's what I like about Halloween... you don't need to buy the expensive. You just see the picture and then you try to figure it out cheap & cool! I'm off to continue browsing the sight to find more ideas.

wreathartist

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2010
That was easy! This is not mine, I just found it. But the candy cane stripe she uses to demonstrate is the same kind I used for Christmas last year. Scroll down past the candles to see!

This is the basic idea for wreaths. I use the same method for garland and then add the ornaments wherever you want!

http://thewreathartist.blogspot.com/

Hi from The Wreath Artist herself. Aren't these fun and easy to do? I am working on some in school colors now and started on my fall ones. I used it in Mossy Green on my mailbox as well with sunflowers and mums. Will try and post a picture in my blog over the weekend.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I just LOVE that!!!! I'm gonna put that on my list of "To Dos" with my DDs. It's perfect, simple and doesn't take a lot of time so it could be done when we get together in one afternoon!!!!
Might also do it with the girls at church....GREAT craft project!!!!
thanks!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
JF both are very cute! I saw a sign this week with 'The witch is 'IN' ' and I found that very original. I like it!