August GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
It's GPD tomorrow, what are your plans?

One of my main objectives tomorrow is to print Ginger's Halloween Countdown, and update my notebook.

Halloween is fast approaching and I want to make sure I'm organised.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I usually do GPD on the 31st, but printing the Halloween Countdown might get done tomorrow if I have time. This month though I plan on making some decorations.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I gave a friend a Halloween planner last year for Christmas. She and her husband go all out the the holiday and hosts a Halloween party every year. I recently got it back to add the countdown, some recipes, craft ideas and such to it.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I might actually get to do something for GPD this month. Maybe I'm getting crotchety in my age but I did not enjoy handing out candy last year AT ALL! The kids were rude and pushy, tried to grab more candy than they got and of course, complained when they didn't get what they wanted. So this year, I'm making little gift bags (50, I think) and putting 2 to 3 pieces of candy in each one and handing those out instead. That way, I'll know for sure if they got something, they won't know what it is and can't complain and when they're gone, they're gone. I'm hoping it'll help keep me from going overboard buying candy this year. I may have overdone it last year! lol

So, I'll printing out and cutting all the little bags and DD can help with the decorating of the outside. Next year, I think I'll plan ahead and do 5 bags every GPD so I don't end up having to cram it all in at the end. Ahhh planning...makes life so much nicer! :pink:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Cathymac- love your banner, looks great!

I got another book from the library today will be putting up instructions and pictures of some crafts I intend to make from a previous book I checked out once I get the pictures uploaded. Since I got most of my homework completed today, i'll start work on my Halloween Notebook too!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I don't usually do GPD on the 13th. Yesterday I did go through the Halloween countdown. Since we are not doing a party (October is cold and flu season) there wasn't much to add to my "personal countdown".

On the 31st, I plan to find a fun place for my family to go in October to celebrate harvest-- maybe a corn maze. We sometimes we plan a trip to the mountains to walk among the aspen and enjoy the colors. Depends on gas prices!!

artchick2002

Retire Member
Aug 10, 2008
El Mirage, AZ
createeachday.blogspot.com
Great idea liltattoo! I may have to try that!

I have been working on some Halloween crafts. I have a couple of them posted on my blog:
http://createeachday.blogspot.com

I've also started to make plans for Halloween. I've decided to take the boys (they will be 4y & 2y) to an event the weekend before Halloween in lieu of "trick or treat". It's called HALLOWEEN MONSTER BASH AND BALLOON ILLUMINATION and has all sorts of stuff for the kids like, Parade of Costumes Contest, carnival games, hot air balloons that the kids can trick or treat from, inflatable activities, Mad Science, make-n-take crafts, story-time, and puppet shows. I think this will be more fun for the little ones. Then on Halloween, the boys can help pass out candy, and we will bake & decorate cupcakes and watch our Halloween specials! I'm really looking forward to it!

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Artchick, I love your blog and your banner and sign are just awesome!

I usually do GPD on the last day of the month so I have a little more time, but I need to get going as we are having a Halloween dinner for both adults are teens so I need to put on my thinking cap and get started!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
artchick2002.... great blog! :applause:

Aggy, love those papier maché pumpkins! tfs!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Love the pumpkins might just have to try them with dd9 and a couple of her friends. They have been doing crafts a couple days a week all summer.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I was all set to get some of my treat bags done...spent Monday printing out box templates to find the one that would work best for my gift bags. I didn't save the templates I had found :slap: so I colored the backs with a pencil and then traced with a pen to transfer the images. Well, 5 boxes later, I found one I liked. It's actually a bag that closes with a peice of ribbon. It's wide enough on the bottom to have a "fun-sized" candy bar and short so there' not a lot of wasted space. Well, the webite that I got it from was on there so I went to go get another copy so I could print them out and make them (no way was I going to trace 50 of those things) and they switched up the site so the templates weren't there anymore. :thud: No problem right? I'll just search the WWW and find another one. I think I spent about a half hour searching and found 1. UGH! This one was thinner, taller and closes on it's own. I was going to make do until I got the bright idea that I should combine the two to make a shorter, wider bag that closes on it's own. So...3 hours later I finally have a template that works (I won't go into details because it's rather pathetic) :santalol: . I'm so excited now! I got the template I wanted with a nice closing feature (I'm gonna use ribbon to close anyway because I saw some cute ones at Michael's) and within 10 minutes I had 15 of them printed! Yippee!

Now I can cut them out for GPD and then get down to the fun business of decorating. So to make a long story short, should anyone need a gift bag template that closes on it's own, let me know and I'll share! :skate:

Happy GPD to all!