August Roudolf day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
SN, I thought the same as you. I am thinking my actual Rudy Day may have to be Friday or Saturday, but that I would use it to prepare for the starting of HGP. I am so looking forward to this year. I have an anticipatory feeling about it.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I will be busy working during the day, but will try and find sometime to take out my notebook, dust it off and be ready for the HGP to start. For the last 4 years I've gone digital, but I've been missing having tangible calendars so I will print those off. ~ Farmerswife

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm going to go through my notebook and start printing pages and calendars for this year. And start working on cards...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Our August Rudolph Day is tomorrow! HOWEVER>>>>>> tomorrow is the KICKOFF... to a Rudy Day Weekend! Celebrate whenever you can.... over the entire weekend!

WHY?

Because... you have made it to the end of August! It's all downhill from now on, baby!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I've planned my August Rudolph day in this order:

Turn on Christmas music and
(1)Update my HGP Notebook
(2)Address my Christmas Cards
(3)Finish buying grandsons stocking stuffers & wrap
(4)Buy x-large outdoor rug for in-laws for Christmas while on sale

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day! :) Whatever Christmas fun you have planned, enjoy!!

Since I am at work (and I FORGOT to bring in my craft), I'll browse the web for more ideas & listen to Christmas music.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Happy Rudy Day everyone! I'm working on my notebook, my Christmas music playlist and peeking at QVC today! Have a great Rudy day!!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Happy Rudy Day everyone! I've been watching Christmas specials on TV and burning a Christmas candle! Our QVC is having a craft day rather than a Christmassy day but I'll take a look at it later on :)

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I hope August is not my month to choose the movie. If it is someone please let me know and I will let you know the movie. I know the movie I have picked out. I will need to find the thread and see if its me. Oh I hope not.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
So far I did go shopping and came home with one grandson's birthday gifts but no stocking stuffers. I didn't even get a chance to turn up the Christmas tunes because DH came home from work early. All is not lost. I did get a break this evening and cranked up the Christmas music folded, stuffed, sealed and addressed all of my Christmas cards. The notebook is next. Thank goodness I have all weekend. LOL

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Amen to that, ejagno!!!! We DESERVE this whole weekend to celebrate the end of August.... August Rudolph Day...... AND the beginning of the 2011 Christmas Plans on Sunday.

I watched "a bit" of QVC.... not very much. So many of their products are more expensive than the same item in the stores... and then, when you add on the shipping charges....

However... there are many situations in which it could be very helpful..... if you lived far away from stores... and if you had small children and no babysitting help.... or if you were ill or "not mobile", for any reason..

AND... QVC is known for having a very good "return policy"... and I think that you pay for shipping to you.... and QVC pays for return shipping if you don't like the product.

I DID go to the library today... but I didn't look at Christmas books/magazines. Instead.... I bought some of their 50 cent paperback novels... to read if Hurricane Irene cuts out our electricity.

Oh.... that reminds me.. some of us on the east coast may not be able to get the internet after the storm hits. Trees fall down and pull down the electrical wires.

But the storm is getting lots of news coverage... so you will know what happened!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This Rudolph day I finally put something up on my blog.
Hoping to start keeping it updated, sort of an online Rudolph Day, HGP journal :)

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
Hello, everyone!

Just getting here at 8:15 EST. Went antique shopping with a friend of mine today (and grocery shopping alone) both of which took most of the day. In honor of Rudy Day, I bought some ornaments and a Christmas tablecloth at one antique shop.

We went into a new Christmas shop. It didn't impress me. She had lots of trees decorated but they were almost all the same style. She said she didn't want to turn the tree lights on because she said it made the store too warm and there was no music at all. Even if she had quicked flipped a switch to turn on some music and the lights while customers were in there, she would have gotten us more in the spirit to buy. Just didn't give me that warm, fuzzy, hey-let-me-pull-out-my-credit-card feeling.....if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I blogged about it on my Christmas blog if you want to hop on over to see pics of what I bought.

Since Rudy Day is so close to the weekend, I may just have to extend it all weekend, too!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Getting ready to send the kids off to bed and then I am going to watch a Christmas movie in honor of Rudolph day. Not sure which one yet...I have picked up quite a few new DVDs lately. I even have some that I haven't ever seen before. :) Happy Rudolph/Turkey Day, everyone!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I didn't get to celebrate Rudy Day today, but I plan to do some things over the weekend.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks Little Elf!!