Basket of Books

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I have a new favorite this season-Angel Pig and the hidden Christmas!
http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Hidden-Chri ... 557&sr=1-1

I should've saved it for the Childrens booklist that I'll be posting the end of this month-but it's just so super cute! With a great message! I'll post a craft you can do with it when I post the booklist! My DS7 is a good reader and it's something he can read-with a couple of 'look it up' words! Also it's a rhyming one so- fun for them to read!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I hate to admit i don't have many holiday books or movies but i love this idea and now will be keeping my eyes out for bargains so i can gather some and make myself a basket of happiness, lol.

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I love all the great ideas you guys have. I'm at that in between stage now, grown children and no grandchildren. BUT, with all this advise I'm going to be the BEST Grandma in town!

I think I will gather my adult Christmas books & movies and put in a basket for easy access. Many nights I think about reading or watching a special movie but don't want to take the time to "find" something.... :slap:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea. I have kept a few of the books my kids had when they were younger and put them out every year. Even though my kids are 20 and 15 we still read "T'was the night before Christmas" every christmas eve before we go to bed.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I also have put books out for the holidays. It started years ago when my children were young. I put a basket of children's books on the table at breakfast...they enjoyed eating and reading...none of them wanted to talk much and this made for a nice start to the day. This continued through high school and now that they are all married with their own families, they have carried on the tradition. All have remarked many times that they missed it after they left home.

I also put out books for myself...I have a large collection and try to add one every year. In the past couple of years I have leant my collection of children's Christmas books to the local grade school as most of the teachers do not have many Christmas books.

What a wonderful way to encourage reading. :applause:

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
End of October (after DS birthday) I start putting stuff out. I have a basket by my cd player with all of our christmas cd's, a basket filled with Christmas dvd's that I put by the tv, a basket by the couch of kids Christmas books and christmas craft/food magazines, and in the kitchen we have my christmas cookbooks (gooseberry patch and a family handwritten book by my Mom and relatives!)