Best gift you ever had

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What is the best gift you have ever gotten? why?

I think the year my parents told me & my sis they were taking us to Disney World was my best Christmas gift :) We had a wonderful time.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Disneyworld? Cool one! Would love to do that someday with my kids! :)

I wish I could say my best gift was some deep meaningful moment with my family, but really it was when I got my Walkman. It was the year it first came out and I was in high school. I swear stars came out of my eyes. We kids were always taken care of at Christmas but the gifts usually practical items. Toys yes, but the big dollars went to clothing etc (and I was always happy). But getting the Walkman was out of the norm and I was OVER THE MOON.

Teenagers get so excited about music. You would think it was their life-blood. :) I remember riding in the car with my Dad (who hated Rock) and literally thought I was going to DIE if I didn't get home to my radio soon. Now that person is my daughter. She sure is lucky I like Rock! :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Believe it or not it was 2 gallons of paint from DH. I was home with 4 children living in a house that was decorated by the previous owner and not my taste. Did the kids Christmas shopping at the Salvation Army yard sales etc. Hubby asked what I wanted and I handed him the paint samples cards I had and told him he could find it at Ace Hardware.

Lucky for me my birthday is 2 days after Christmas when he asked what do you want for your birthday, I smiled real big.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I would say it was my engagement ring on my 22nd birthday....dh popped the question that evening.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My best b-day gift was from DH the first year we were dating - he got me a "good" camera. I said "this guy really knows where I'm coming from".

My best Christmas gift was when I must have been 9 or 10. My mom sewed my Barbie (it wasn't a real Barbie but whatever) doll a whole wardrobe including the most beautiful blue gown ever and made her furniture and a closet out of cigar boxes. I still remember that day 50+ years ago:)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my bday in 2010 kids took me to aplay in new york , i met denzel washington , it was agood day

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Sounds silly, but getting my cricut, made me giddy like a kid. Just about cried that year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been getting gifts for a looong time and cannot really remember one that stands out amongst the others. I do remember getting a barbie doll when I was younger and thinking that was pretty cool.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think my best gift was a horse. Yep. I had wanted a horse since I was 4 or 5. Had to wait until I was 49 to get one. Was worth the wait.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
It's a little embarrassing to say, but it was when my husband bought me a Mercedes after he had retired from the military. He said he thought I deserved it after giving up so much for his career, and following him around the country for over 30 years. As I think back, I'm not sure that the car was as special as his recognizing and appreciating what I had done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
christmasrose, great gift! You did deserve it, 10 time over.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
For my birthday one year DH bought me a Dr. Scholl's massaging/heated foot soaker. It's heavenly.