Bible cover

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
What a wonderful gift.

I did find may kits to purchase using Google, but nothing that jumped out... there was also many premade to purchase. Sorry could not help!

:leprechaun:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm thinking you could make (or buy) a cloth Bible cover and essentially "applique" a cross stitch to the front of the cover. You have a very nice idea.

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I googled "bible cover sewing" and there are a lot of sights that explain the cover making process.
Then I just added a comma and "cross-stitch" to the search.

Check out "karinonline.com" and click on her CROSS STITCH GALLERY and scroll down to the last picture and there is a bible cover. About seven down from the top is an orangish book cover with an insert of cross stitch. Enlarge the picture for a better look.

It looks like you just work the cross stitch design you want and then piece the aida cloth into the fabric and sew the cover. You have come up with a nice idea. Good for you!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I believe Joann fabrics has a book/Bible cover for sale. don't remember how much. I may have one at home that I can photocopy and mail you, if you'd like.

:bigsnow:

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
What a great idea. I teach 2nd graders on wednesday night "Kid's Praise" Our church bought everyone their own Bible this year, so I'm thinking this could be a great fun time with fabric paint the last night before Christmas and then they get to take their Bibles home. It won't matter if everyone puts their name on it or not, they will know which one is theirs. Now I can't wait to talk to my assistant to see if she is game on helping making the covers.