Book Group Forming: A Christmas Guest

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I got the book from amazon yesterday, so I'm ready to go!! :applause:

I also finished Christmas Letters last night. I loved it all except the end. They jammed the ending into one small chapter and that I didn't like. I felt it coming though, because I kept wondering what was going to happen and it kept getting closer and closer to the end. :slap:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay we sound all set to start reading. I can't get mine from the library until we come back from vacation so I am hoping they can get it for me QUICKLY...it is at another branch of the library. We are starting the week of July 6th....we will then create a thread each week to discuss the set number of pages we are to read....you may read ahead but try not to give out any comments that will spoil the read for the rest of us who may be reading a bit slower!!

kitkat0303

MHH Member
Jun 17, 2008
I would love to participate in this. I am an avid reader of Christmas romance. Especially....oh well anything really.....lol.

Glad to be here.

Kathy :bigsnow: :bigsnow:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Please do join us kitkat....it sure to be fun!!! Welcome!!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
purplecrush said:
lol ive had my book so long that Im going to have to recheck it out again!! I hope theres no christmas fanatics around me that requested that same book!!!! Im DYING to start reading it!!!

Me Too!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Better renew....I almost couldn't check out my books yesterday cause I forgot one at home and it was WAAAAAY overdue.... :slap:

Zend

Retire Member
Feb 2, 2008
I finnished reading this yesterday and enjoyed it. Off to the library tomorrow to get some more of her books.

Zend said:
I finnished reading this yesterday and enjoyed it. Off to the library tomorrow to get some more of her books.

Okay I have tried real hard NOT to read this book until Sunday BUT I have read A Christmas Journey (2003)on Wednesday, A Christmas Visitor (2004) , and A Christmas Secret (2006) both last night. A Christmas Guest (2005) is the last one I had from my library. A Christmas Beginning (2007) was not at my library so I will have to check in on that. But I really must say her novels are easily read and yet filled with great mystery. After the mystery is solved the ending is very short and leaves you wanting to know more about how the characters moved on but I guess leaving them wanting more is a commendable characteristic of a good writer.

I am at work right now getting signal (which is not often received) on my laptop and A Christmas Guest is next to me just staring and whispering "read me now, read me now" :haha: ). These book are all less than 200 pages and I have read them in 3 1/2 hours WITH distractions at work so I am sure it won't take everyone more than a week to finish reading them if you did about half an hour each night but I don't think you can begin these books without finishing them!!! I can't wait to chat about this book and about the author. If you don't have your 25 posts or registration done at MMC please do so ASAP because I really look forward to chatting with my MHH family over there.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I think I missed the information on reading the next section of the book. When is the discussion and on which thread? How far are we to read?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hi all....we will just continue with the discussion of Part Two in the same thread where we discussed Part One.