Books for Guys

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
What books are you getting for your men this year? Ones with a story line (not straight non-fiction or reference books). And any men on this thread, what books do you want for Christmas?

It is rare that DH has time to read, so it has been a long tradition of mine to get DH one hardcover book that will GLUE him to the couch in order to get him to slow down. I like to get my references from guys but I'm out of the office scene now so maybe there are some men lurking on this thread.

DH is a big Tom Clancy fan and likes books that delve into history and detail in a way that I find painful. Do I really need to know what kind of bolts hold together Red October? He did. And was facinated by it.

One of my big wins was Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder. He loved it and sent it on to all his guy friends (who loved it too). 4.5 stars on Amazon from 207 reviews.

Perfect Storm was another (before the movie came out).

And DaVinci Code when it first came out.

What other great guy books are out there?

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My DH is currently reading Vince Flynn. I have gotten him the whole collection. You may want to look up the reviews on Amazon.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My DH really likes Vince Flynn as well. David Baldacci is one of his favorites too.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
These sound good. I've read lots of reviews and they do seem popular. Never heard of him, so where have I been?! I agree on David Baldacci. He's a good one too.

Maybe I'll run them through my favorite book website and see what pops up... Have you guys heard of this one?: If not, you will love it. I use it all the time! Check it out!

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com

Any other guy reads? I might have to do something drastic and go with Michael Crichton's book on pirates. Just can't see DH getting into Pirates, but maybe....

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I bought my 41 yr old hubby for is birthday "Where men win Glory. The Odessey of Pat Tillman" by Johm Krackaour and I hope they serve beer in ****" by Tucker Max. I also, like you, like to make the books count I buy him because of his little time to read, and apparently I struck gold with these two! They are both completly different and will have a different effect on him.

Good luck!

Kelly

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Okay -- after reading tons of reviews, I went the Tom Clancy route and chose "Transfer of Power" by Vince Flynn. Fingers crossed it glues him to the couch! Thanks you guys!