Boot decoration for Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
If you have snow boots (ankle high works best), that are ready for discarding, let them serve as part of your holiday decoration.

spray with gold, trip tops with marabou, and fill with colored Christmas balls.

Boots can be painted in gold, red, silver, black - and trimmed with black, white, or red.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:flower: Love the button tops. I saw an old work glove once nailed to a fence post with a planted marigold - very cute :flower:

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Something similar is to take an old pair of ice skates and spray paint them--the picture I saw they had painted them a deep burgandy and the blades were painted gold. Then she had painted some sort of Christmas scene on the side of the skate & hung them, along with some greenery, on the front door. Looked soooo neat! If you aren't artsy, though, you could put a decal on instead of hand painting it.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I wish I could find an old pair of skates...not very plentiful around here. I've been looking at all the flea markets and antique shops for years...I also want an old sled. We actually have two from when we were kids, but now the grandkids use them on the rare occasion that we have enough snow to use them.