Build an Elf Igloo from packing peanuts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
HI,

I have been receiving lots of goodies from my online shopping. Included with all the boxes & packages are usually a whole bunch of packing peanuts. I was lucky enough to get a BIG box from American Girl just full of packing peanuts (and a cute doll to boot!). American Girl (and I'm sure many other companies) use cornstarch based packing peanuts. If you get them wet they dissolve & are environmentally friendly. If you get them just a little wet, you can stick them together & build things! It is a lot of fun & they are free. I plan on having our elves get into a big bag of them one night & start building an igloo out of them...and the kids can finish the job for them. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a free, fun adventure they can have with their elves.

Here is a picture of what my husband built with the last box of packing peanuts we had...A warrior helmet. My five year old is showing it off (and trying to look tough! lol)

BREN

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Your son is cute and so is that helmet!! it's a great idea. TFS

JingleJangle

Retire Member
Nov 17, 2009
LOVE re-purposing packing peanuts! We're going to use them during our children's Christmas party as "snowman poop." Each team is going to have a bowlful and a big spoon. The object is for each team to get as much poop as they can from one bowl into another. The peanuts are so light that this becomes quite challenging. :)