Bulletin board ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
My pastor's wife called last week and asked if I'd take over decorating the bullentin board for the Sunday School classrooms. My first board will be for Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any ideas for me? She said they already have some decorations from the previous years, but I was thinking of putting up something new and fresh that the kids haven't seen yet. She also wants me to decorate the upstairs (where the classrooms are) for Christmas not just the bulletin board. So if anyone has any ideas for that as well I'd love to hear them. I thought about hanging glitter snowflakes from fishing line from the ceiling going down the hallway between the rooms, but that's all I have so far. TIA

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love the snowflake idea, I did that last year in my living room. You could have the kids make candy canes out of construction paper or snowflakes or anything Christmasy and use their art to decorate the hallways. We did cottonball snowmen once and that worked out pretty well. You could make a fireside scene using cardboard and construction paper and have stockings hanging from it or make a large construction paper Christmas tree with presents underneath on the wall.

Since this is for a church, you could put things to be grateful for or special Christmas verses or something on the bulletin board on pretty paper. For Thanksgiving you could outline the board with small turkeys and pilgrims and have the kids write what they are thankful for on paper then display it. Christmas could be a similar idea with little Rudolph's or trees outlining the board and kids making their Christmas wish lists to be displayed.

Just some thoughts.

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks Mrs. Soup. I love all of your ideas. For the cotton ball snowmen, did you have the kids glue cotton balls to a cut-out snowman outline? I was told that we have a small artificial tree that we could use so I may do that as well. I also like the idea of hanging up decorations that the kids have made themselves on the walls. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Or have them write what they are thankful for on little paper plates (the little dessert sized ones) and make your bulletin board look like a table...use a background that looks like a table cloth and put the plates around like a place setting..you could do a "centerpiece" of a pumpkin or turkey or whatever you choose...the use plastic silverware to complete the board.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
For Thanksgiving we did a cornucopia with the "fruits of the spirit" inside.

Christmas: we did stars, and on each star was a name of Christ, " His name shall be called " Isaiah 9:6, in the middle was the Nativity Creche

Some great ideas:
http://www.boardsgalore.com/faith_watt.htm

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Thank you everyone! These ideas are great, now it's just a matter of picking one. The table setting sounds really clever, something totally different than what I was thinking, but I likey. I am soooo appreciative of all the help I get here from everyone no matter what dilemna I'm in. I still have some time before I have to do this, so more ideas are welcome.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yes, we used a previously made cut-out. I just got a snowman template off the internet and made the cut-outs myself then the kids glued cottonballs onto them. We also did reindeer by tracing the child's shoed foot and their hands. The shoed foot was the head and the hands were the horns, then they pasted black construction paper for the eyes and a red circle for the nose. You could also just use markers too.

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
My goodness, but there are a lot of VERY creative people here! I do the bulletin board here at the Senior Citizen Center where I work. I love so many of your ideas! I'm printing them off, so I won't "lose" this thread or forget about it or something! LOL! Keep the ideas coming!