Cake Pops

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Have you made them? How did they turn out? Is it something you would like to try? Got any good links?

I made some Halloween cake pops. They were just a simple jack o lantern. So the cake pop dipped in orange candy melts. We used an edible marker for the face and a green tic tac for the pumpkin stem. The whole thing was taken straight from the cover of an October Family Circle magazine.

Honestly, they were quite a big project and a bit more involved than I thought. You bake the cake, let it cool completely, break it up into crumbles and mix them together with icing, freeze them, put them on sticks and then decorate. geez. Also, mine were tasty, but not exactly picture perfect. :( The whole process took FOREVER. We planned to watch The Great Pumpkin and make them one evening. But because you have to bake the cake, make the balls and freeze them...we ended up making them one night and decorating the next. Each of the 5 of us made one cake pop and we have about 30 more undecorated in the freezer for future holidays.

I am planning to try again this week with a turkey pop for each of us. We are using candy corn for feathers, and candy spriinkles for a lot of the details. I would love to hear about your cake pop adventures or plans if you have any. I am looking for ideas for Christmas, New Years, Valentines, also.

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I haven't made them but my cousin does alot. I guess they get easier with practice? Also now they sell pans where you bake the cake in the pop shape this eliminating the bake/cool/crumble/mix/shape/freeze stages. Not sure how much it will change the flavor or texture.