Carfters Challenge Nov. 7th~~Nov. 14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello to another week!!!!

I know several of you are working away.

Are you adding anything new to your list to make?

Okay, you all aren't going to believe it but I actually got a craft done yesterday. Making cloth tic tac toe game for my 2 nieces and nephew to share and DH suggested to put one in the box I am doing for Chad so did 2. Have the yo yos for Chads done and can work on the others during lunch time. Will post a picture on my blog when done here.

I am getting my stuff slowly done.

Let's hear what everyone is doing!!!

WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well after the banquet next Sunday we are officially done with Cheer and Football for the regular season. The girls placed 2nd yesturday. The boys finished their season yesturday 11/1. Both teams did great and had a great season. Now on to flag football, wrestleing and year round cheer. But still have awhile to go for those.

For me its time to get some serious crafting done. Never got the scarfs made just no time with working and running Miss Makayla around for last min practices and hair and cheer stuff. She will get it for Christmas

So for this week what I would like to work on is

Makaylas scarf
My scarf
Marandas scarf
Kali's scarf
Alighas scarf (need to make sure her school colors are orange and black)
Emmas Sponge bob blankie
Calabs car rug
figure out what I am making the kids this year

ok think thats enough to get started on

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Well, thanks ALOT KimD... What a great idea to make scarves for the granddaughters in their school colors! so now I just added to crafts to my list !!LOL

this week
Finish crocheting and felt DSILs hat
Finish knitting DDs scarf and start her fingerless gloves

NOW... pick out or go buy yarn for DGDs scarves

Start sewing DSs Colts blanket

Busy week.. but lots of fun stuff..

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have you guys made the scrunchies in school colors? Or even the scrunchies that you just tie material onto a pony tail holder? Back when Jaymee was in grade school (seems like ages ago) we did that for several.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana we had a parent make the girls hair ties with strips of the fleece in team colors to wear at games. I was thinking of adding them with the scarfs.

Dakotasmawmaw I know what you mean someone puts something down and you want todo it. I usually make the girls scarfs of some type and since my own needs a new scarf in team colors since they incorprated our third school color into popwarner the girls are getting those this year

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
YIPPEE we finished the bottom of the cocoon lastnight! My friend had to postpone her visit until the 23rd. So we'll make a coordinating hat to go with it. I will post a pic when we get the hat finished.

We made a orange scrunchy on the KK for DGD to wear in her hair around Halloween.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Lana I'm glad it is done. I just posted a pic in my projects that my DGD came up with.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I really thought taking 3 days off in a row would get me motivated to get something done. Yea right. My niece called me and wanted to know if I would go to her swim meet. Of course I will. They were going for State titles yesturday. She was 2 seconds off on being state champ. in her breast stroke. Kinda hard to be sad for her since all season she has been 5 seconds off so she had a great improvement.

I am going to try and get something done today.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I was just on Etsy looking for a Cheer necklace for Miss Makayla and found the cutest thing for her room. Its just the painters canvas' with red and white stripes with red ribbon to hang them with and they spell out CHEER. Perfect for her one exception they cost $50.00 yea right I will be heading to the craft store this week to get the materials for it. I did however order her the cutest sterling silver cheer necklace for $40 it has a cheerleader and will say Raiders on top and Makayla on the bottom.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Have you guys made the scrunchies in school colors? Or even the scrunchies that you just tie material onto a pony tail holder? Back when Jaymee was in grade school (seems like ages ago) we did that for several.
So .... how is this made??? Tie material???? Cut strips???

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We cut strips (sorry can't remember the size--but maybe about 8" long by 1" or 1/2" wide--seems with different ones my DD would make one color wider) and then fold in half and run around (inside) a strecthy pony tail holder and bring ends up thru.

Does this make sense to you? My DD is 23 and that was in grade grade and then at different times with outfits so I don't think we have any around now.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I think the one ornament that you make to look like little cupcakes I will do next week and let my little step niece help me with it. She will love rolling the styrofoam balls covered in glue into the snow. :) :) :) I love to make stuff with little kids.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
One using material: This was on the HGTV site.

Fabric 5" X 42"
Elastic 10" piece of 1/4"

With right sides of fabric together sew along the length of fabric and turn right sides out. Using the tube turner thingy with the hook on the end grab the elastic and pull it through the tube,either tie a square knot in the elastic or sew the ends together. Tuck one end of fabric inside the other. Turn raw edge and sew carefully through all layers.
Wave Cookie Coffee

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ah!! Thanks!