CC Week 5 - Decorate Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
To Do This Week
Christmas card DONE & stamps are bought too :)
Complete one-fourth of gifts to make this week.In progress
Set up holiday tearfiles or add page protectors to the Christmas planner to organize ideas for holiday decorating, gifts and crafts. Save for next year!My Christmas planner is ok
Plan holiday decorating with a room-by-room holiday decor planner. Will you know what goes where ... next year? [BEverything is set up][/B]
Inspect and inventory decorations. I know what I have and what I need
Does your family give children new ornaments each year? Preserve the memories along with the gift. Print an ornament journal to keep the gift alive! what a great idea! will have to do that if not before Christmas this year will do it at the beginning of the New Year
Prepare for Thanksgiving dinner, baking desserts and salads ahead.DONE - our Thanksgiving was in October

Check in with family members at Thanksgiving celebrations. Ask for gift suggestions, and arrange to share or contribute to holiday meals.
Shop Black Friday sales. Use the"Black Friday" holiday sales planner to organize shopping trips.
Begin interior and exterior decorating.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
[ ] Christmas Cards

Oh woe is me! No progress on this yet! Long story short, game plan right now is to buy some cards pronto! Then I need to work with DH on getting a cute photo of DS I can take to a 1 hour photo place...

[ ] Gifts to Make

Have a early Dec birthday gift I have all the supplies for, just need to buckle down and work on it! Other gifts to make are still on my list and I'm using a triage approach to get the ones that MUST get done, done...

[/] Decorating

The major portion of Christmas decorating is now done! :) The rest of the decor will go up Thanksgiving weekend and shouldn't take more than a couple of hours...

[ ] Ornament Journal

Will work on snapping photos of DS's ornaments - but work on the actual journal will probably happen in January...

[ ] Prepare for Thanksgiving

Have quite a bit of the groceries purchased already. Planning trips to two more stores tomorrow evening to get the last things I need.

Will bake pies ahead; Also making PW Mashed Potatoes a day ahead to be reheated day of

[/] Shop Black Friday

Working on finalizing shopping plans now! Trying to stay on budget!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
FINALLY got Christmas photos taken of DS! Ordered prints from Walmart last night and they will be shipped to the house!

Going to try and get some cards from Hobby Lobby on lunch today!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Bought the Christmas cards! Woo hoo!

Also picked up the disposable pans I need for the cinnamon rolls I'll make and gift to various people.

Also picked up some simple non-breakable ornaments for a small upstairs tree I'll do for DS to enjoy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a batch of Mocha Crinkle cookie dough into fridge last night! Plus a trip to grocery store that include items for Thanksgiving, Dec 1 holiday party and even a Christmas present for DS!

Between sales, coupons and other promotions saved about 50%! :)

Heading out for one last grocery trip to Aldi, pick up some prescriptions and then off to get DS from daycare early and kiss his chubby little face! :)

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving everyone!!!