Celebrate Me in August- What do you have planned for yoursel

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Whewwww- it is the dog days of summer. Hot and humid for many of us. Perfect for a little pampering.

What do you have planned for yourself this month?

Last month, on a whim I got a new hair cut and style. Went to a Bunco party and she had a friend there cutting hair and doing eyebrow waxes. SO I said what the heck. Now I need a bang trim.

I also want to go to go have a facial- all the sunscreen and moisturizer in the summer makes my skin feel icky about now.

Enjoy the summer as it winds down here and treat yourself to a little pampering. Remember- you deserve it sister!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
All my kids are in school by the 26th, so I think I'll make that my day instead of the 20th. It will be the 1st time all 4 of my kids will be in school - I have the morning to myself - woohoo! Not sure what I'll do yet, but even grocery shopping without a child in tow sounds wonderful!! :haha:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I think my August pampering will be to wear makeup! I usually only wear it on special occasions. However, I recently saw a photo of Madonna WITHOUT makeup. Let me say - makeup really does help! So - I think i would be treating myself if I wore it every day (not to mention that the people around me might enjoy it also!)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sparklenana....the makeup is a good idea and one I should follow also...usually just wear a little but lately I have not been bothering...need to start again but I need to buy some new.

Also I am going for a pedicure this coming week...my feet really need it!

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I just got my ears pierced for the second time, three days ago. I think I'll buy some new earrings to wear in my new holes once they are healed. It might sound funny but I might also get some spanx to smooth things out.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
August is my birthday month. :flower: I'd like to get a pedicure before school starts and am hoping for a massage too. I just got my hair cut. I'm also planning a back to school shopping trip for me.

Lisa

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
We will be away on holiday for my August day, so I may have to try and fit something in before I go. I saw some nice make-up items that I liked in Benefit, so I may treat myself. Thenagain you never know what I mught see while we are away....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My day isn't until the 24th but I bought some new makeup today. I want to try different shades on my eyes because I always wear the same dark purple. I also bought some blush and new brushes and a 7 in one nail brush thing so I can make my nails look nice. I'm hoping to get my hair trimmed this month as well.

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
patteemom said:
I just got my ears pierced for the second time, three days ago. I think I'll buy some new earrings to wear in my new holes once they are healed. It might sound funny but I might also get some spanx to smooth things out.

I LOVE Spanx!! Those things are miracle workers!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My CM day is tomorrow. I am going scrapbooking all day. DH will stay home with to keep an eye on DD. DD wants to take me out to Red Lobster for dinner. They will meet me there in the afternoon since the scrapbook store is just down the block. Coconut Shrimp here I come!!

Today we took DH out to breakfast. We took a few of his gifts along and made him open them after we had ordered breakfast. I gave him some golf lessons so once we were home he took off for the golf store and now he is at the golf course. I'll fix him steak, mashed potatoes and fresh peas for dinner and he can open the rest of his gifts. I have a German Chocolate Blizzard in the freezer for his dessert.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My day is the 16th, but I'm going to wait until the 18th this month...first day of school! After I drop DS8 and DS7 at the elementary and DS15 for his first day of high school, my mom and I will head to Little Rock for breakfast at a great little place, then shop until we drop! Actually, it'll probably be more window shopping than actual shopping, but it's still fun. Garden Ridge, Hobby Lobby, and Pier One are all within close proximity of the resturant. I might just go wild and have a mimosa with breakfast, or a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha for an afternoon treat! Wheee.....

Jessica

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
SW Georgia
So this is my first go at this!

I am starting back to work on the 11th after being home for 14 months! So, I think I will have Saturday to be my day. Maybe get some new clothes for work and maybe a mani and pedi!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I don' think I will do much this month. Maybe treat myself to a mani-/pedicure. I just looked at the calendar and my day (26th) is on a Tuesday. I will be working at my parttime job in addition to my fulltime job. I'll have to wait til Wednesday. Other than that I think I'm just going to spend a relaxing evening at home.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Is this something you normally do on the day of your birth? like my birthday is December 17 so i would do something for myself on the 17th or do you all just pick a day in the month to do something for you? I think its a great idea, because as moms, wives, workers, so often we put others before ourselves.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Iluv2scrap I try to do things for myself on my birthdate each month (26th) but with everyday life it's not always possible so then I will pick another day. It's up to you, so make sure you try to find some time to just celebrate 'you'. :flower:

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I'll be sipping tea and reading a nice fat book straight through. :flower:

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I read the Twilight Saga for my August Celebrate Me (a few days ago). Highly recommended!

If you want to hear me enthusiastically blather about it, check out this CS post and this AH post.

This has been my favorite non-birthday Celebrate Me to date. :flower: