Choir Practice

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Anyone besides me sing in a choir? I belong to a local community choir. We have at least two concerts per year - one at Christmas, the other in the spring. We ask for donations and send all the money to charity.

Tonight was my first night at practice for this season.

We sang:
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
O Holy Night
Mary's Boy Child

and a few others.

I got teary and choked up when we sang O Holy Night. Can't wait till the concert - December 14. I have my friends and choir buddies after the concert for a potluck
party. :package: It is the highlight of the year to me.

Fa la la la la, la la la la!!!!

Helen

Retire Member
Aug 31, 2008
Portland, IN
I also had choir practice tonight for church. Our group has gotten smaller but we are still talking about a cantata for Christmas. :party:

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I sing in my church choir and we always do a Christmas, Easter and sometimes patriotic cantata. It is alot of work and commitment but it's fun too.

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
I'm not in the choir at church but my 3 children are in the hand bell choir and they are learning "Silent Night" to do at the Hanging of the Greens service. There are 4 children in the choir. It's their first year the ages range from 10 - 6. They are so proud of themselves for what they've learned so far.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Keep on singing! It's good for your heart! :grouphug: Wish we could hear you too!

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Good topic Darcy. You've brought back some nice memories for me. I thought about it and every single Christmas of my life has revolved around the choir. My mother was the organist and choir director of our church and we lived right across the street. Christmas Eve she always hosted a party between the 7 and 11 pm services for the choir members who wanted to stay close to church. We had three, then four and now five services. By the time she couldn't direct anymore I was in the choir too and now I'm not but my son is, so Christmas Eve for us is still a big choir day and I like it that way.
We also used to do The Messiah earlier in Dec. I miss that. It got replaced with a Christmas Dinner with live singing all through the dinner by different people and then a short cantata-like thing after dessert. They sell tickets and use it to make money for the choir music. It's very popular and it's on two nights.