Christmas 09

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I know you have to finish O8's stuff (I still have plenty) but I am also starting to think of 09 crafts. IE: Sunshine posted lots of great ideas and I decided to make my inlaws the Fishing Line Christmas Tree (my stepmom makes these and I never thought until now to make myself) it is too close this year so I am planning on making 4 next year- hubbies side of family- DONE:)

Why think of it now?- my hope is to pick up the Christmas related items needed for these crafts before they are gone. I may or may not find what I want clearanced- but with sales and coupons hope to pick up good selections at decent price. Then have all year to make them.

What helps me- Early in year I bought fabric for blankets and alot of clearanced gifts- so I do not have alot of gifts to buy now- so I have the money to do this.

So I am either getting organized and prepared or crazy!!

How about you- do you have a list of items to pick up?

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
That's a great idea to plan so far ahead. I don't have a list to work off of. But each year I always try to pick up the clear glass ornaments when they are on sale. My kids like to make the ornaments with the swirled paint inside each year for their friends and we usually start making them during the summer. I also pick up Christmas fabric now too. That way when the mood strikes me to craft, I have it on hand. You can't find these things in the summer time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I pick up gift boxes, and any crockery I can now and plan to use those next year. Last year I picked up lovely christmas salad bowls and will use them this year full of bbq type gifts.(It is summer here in December)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will start planning my crafts to make for next year soon too!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am starting to get my list's going for next year. I kinda of like to have things planned out before the beginning of the next year so that I know what I have to have and what I have to make, then work on it during the year.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
I think this is an awesome idea, I never thought about it. Once I get ahead of myself I will start planning for the next year too! I prefer to make gifts, than to buy them. I like personalized things, so this way I won't run out of supplies in July!