Christmas at Dollar Store

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holidayhelpelf

MHH Member
Oct 30, 2007
Our local Dollar Store manager told me yesterday that she has to start putting out the Christmas stuff on August 8th! :package: Can't wait and I need to put a note on the calendar to get in there that evening! Happy shopping!

Judi

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thankx for the input. Will have to check here. Seems that other people are mentioning about Hobby Lobby, Michaels and such having Christmas out already but we don't.

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
:sad: I saw on the news that my favorite Dollar Tree had a fire last week. Wahhhhhh!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There is such a variety among Dollar Stores -- I always LOVE to visit new ones. I visited a very small one last fall, and I asked the owner when he put out Christmas items. He said he had them in the storage room already, but the store was so small that he couldn't put them out until after Halloween was over.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I was at the Dollar Tree today and they had gobs of school stuff out but hardly any fall/Halloween and definitely no Christmas. My area seems to be so slow compared to some of the rest of yours.

LovingChristmas

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
South New Jersey
Wow! Already?! Nice! I'll be sure to stop into my local DT. thanks! :package:

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
Our Dollar Tree just started putting out Christmas stuff this week.

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
You should have seen me in the store!!! LOL Couldn't keep from smiling ear to ear!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I was in Dollar Tree yesterday and a lady was complaining how they had Halloween stuff out already. I just grinned at her. She didn't even notice that they had the Christmas stuff out as well. I say the earlier the better.

On a sour note. I was in Dollar Tree last week and saw the wooden letters that say Hope, Peace, Joy etc. Well it dawned on me Friday that I could get a couple of them, paint them red and display them on my floating wall shelves in the livingroom. Well Saturday guess what! They were all gone. :frown: :thud: People probably got the same idea once they saw all the Christmas stuff out. I could have kicked myself (as I stated in another post). I drove to 6 different $Trees and noone had anymore. I sure hope they get more in soon before I have to resort to going to Michael's or AC Moore and paying a higher price. :slap: I mean they had a basket full of them and I just let them slip through my hands. IDIOT!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Aww, Aggie, don't be so tough on yourself! If ours has any I'll snatch them up and send them to you, ok?

I was in Kirkland's over the weekend and they have tons of fall and a whole wall of Christmas!! Plus lots of bargains...I got a silk bouquet of sunflowers for only $5, and they had been more than that...I figure I can use them all fall, and because of the "French Country" theme of my house, I can use them in several spots...hmmm...maybe I should get another one or two...

I didn't buy any fall, though, not for any noble, stayng decluttered reason...I just don't pay full price for anything at Kirkland's because they have such frequent sales. Last fall, on the day of my Boo!Bash, I found a fabulous rusty metal jack o lantern candle holder-original price $20-for only $5! I had been watching it all fall, so I snatched it up! I can't wait until October 1 so that I can put it out!! Yay!

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
our's don't have any sign of Christmas yet :frown: But I did find some Space Bag's, the travel kind that you roll to get the air out. Since several members of my family tend to travel, I picked up several for little "extra" gifts. and a couple for me :haha:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ours doesn't have halloween or Christmas out yet either! :frown:

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
[/quote] Last fall, on the day of my Boo!Bash, I found a fabulous rusty metal jack o lantern candle holder-original price $20-for only $5! I had been watching it all fall, so I snatched it up! I can't wait until October 1 so that I can put it out!! Yay
Cathymac, I am in awe of someone who is able to go out shopping on the day they're having a Party! :applause:

I've actually never been to a Dollar Tree, but I know where one is and will definitely go now.