Christmas Decore at Wal-Mart

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
When I was looking at Christmas cards last year in October (down on the floor and going thru all boxes) 2 women seem to keep coming by me and making comments about people looking at Christmas stuff this early just makes the stores put it out, people are so stupid looking at Christmas stuff now etc...... BUT I got the cards I wanted and had PLENTY of time to write them out!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Some people just don't get it, do they? I know one thing I'll be doing this weekend while I am off: I'm going to Walmart!!! :rotflol:

You can never be too early for Christmas. :haha: Yay for us MHH's.

:bigsnow:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I saw tons of stuff at my Wal Mart yesterday :grin:
BUT :thud: I was with my DH who was on a "mission"!!! :frown:
No Time!!!! for christmas browsing, I felt lilke a little child passing the toy asile, turning my head to see as much as i could while walking at a fast pace to keep up wth DH.... :frown: .....sigh. Maybe this weekend I'll make it in to peruse the Christmas asiles ::eek:rnament:

I want to ck out Big Lots, too.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I told the people stocking that they will see more of me, beacuse I'll be by every break and lunch to see what new items they put out. One of them said it is kinda of a relief, most people get very grumpy when the see us putting out the Christmas stuff this early.
It has nothing to do with some people shopping early. It is the company that sets the time frame for when things go out. They plan on a certain amount of time for setup and enough time for items to get the most exposer. Most festive of tree people and other who are planning big events have already started their Christmas planning and having the items out now helps them.
If it helps those cranky anti Christmas folks we won't get any Christmas jewelry until the end of the month.
I could go on but instead I'll just enjoy the Christmas section by myself, well with you ladies.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I had heard on the news this morning that Wal-Mart is planning on getting their Christmas shop up early this year to try to off set what is predicted to be a slow holiday season. I had noticed that they didn't put the Halloween stuff in the outdoor living center like they usually do, but have football tailgate party stuff out there. I guess that season is over before Halloween! :hat:

I usually just smile at people who fuss about Christmas decorations and items being put out early, because I know that the week before Christmas most of them will be frantically searching for what they need to finish shopping, cooking and/or decorating and wishing that they had picked it up in October!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The earlier the better as far as I am concerned. I love that the early shopper gets the pick of the good stuff. I often see people running around at the last minute looking for something and there is not much left to choose from. I will be getting into my stores christmas selection as soon as it is available here.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I went to walmart yesterday and nothing Christmas out yet. It was still tailgating in that section. The halloween was in a different spot than usual so maybe it won't be long.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
That is odd, They should be putting out there Chirstmas items. Unless they have a ton of overstock of the fall and football items they need to get rid of.
I was checking in ski goggles yesterday, they will go in the back until after Halloween.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Today I went to the Walmart Super Store in Claremont, NH (about 30 miles from here) and they had their Christmas things set up in the garden area. Not everything was out yet and they were still unpacking boxes. Afterwards I went to the Walmart closer to my home and they were beginning to clear out shelves just past the house cleaning supplies. It won't be long and they will be ready too.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I wish mine already had it all out! They are not finished stocking the fall shelves yet. I got some adorable fingertip towels embroidered with leaves in fall colors, and now I'm looking forward to the Christmas ones. They were only $1 each!