Christmas Gift Questionnaire

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
I am looking for a Questionnaire that can be sent to gift recipients that asks, sizes, hobbies, color preferences, collections, favorite authors, preferred charities, etc. so that I can make a decent stab at getting the recipient something for a gift that won't just sit and collect dust or better yet, be re-gifted the next day!

My siblings, spouses and my husband and me draw names, and since we all live thousands of miles apart, it would be a great help. I've suggested that we just stop giving to each other, only to be met with extreme resistence.

This could also be great for kids. While DH and I have no children of our own, we do have a nephew (age 13), and two nieces (ages 16 & 12).

Any ideas?

I'm stumped. :(

Thanks,

Pippi

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm interested in hearing the answers too! Could be useful for us too.

N

NewYearsEva

Have you thought about putting the list/questionnaire in a whimsical poem form?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmmmm..... I'm wondering if this might be met with a less-than-positive reaction if your relatives are not as practical as you are. Even if your intentions are good (and logical) I wonder if at least one person might not take offense that you do not already know their likes and dislikes. It seems there's always one in the crowd to take your best intentions the wrong way.

In situations of blind-giving (especially with kids) I try to find someone close to the recipient and ask for an item that the person wants but is not getting. Then I am the giver of that gift (if it is within reason).

Back to your great idea though, what if you altered your approach a little to make it a bit more sly? What if instead of swapping names, you swapped lists? Have each person (including you) make a list with all the questions you just gave us (colors, hobbies, etc) but with no name on it. In a "Who Am I?" format. Then you swap the lists. You buy the gift for the person on that list. Odds are you'll figure it out of course, but then from now on you'll ALL have a list of the likes and dislikes of everyone in the family. And you could play on that theme every year, swapping out the questions each year if you like.

I like NewYearsEva's idea about the poem. Maybe you bring that into it and send out the list with an explanation based around a re-worded Night Before Christmas or something like that..... I don't know.... there's an fun idea brewing in here somewhere! :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I suggest making your own (Using Word maybe?).
You can use pretty fonts, clip art, and such and then print it on Christmasy paper.

Annie

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Here is a list I made up for the gals in my family and my friends...(just an idea of what you might do)...

1) Do you enjoy pampering gifts such as bubble bath, bath salts, lotions?
If so, what are some of your favorite scents?

2) Where do you absolutely love to shop? (can be online, catalog, etc)
3) What makes Christmas special for you?
4) What makes autumn special for you?
5) What do you really NOT like receiving?
6) What is the most favorite gift you have ever received?
7) What is your favorite gift that you have ever given?
8) What is your favorite Christmas memory as a child? Adult?
9) Who is your favorite author? What kind of books do you prefer?
10) What is your favorite color of clothing?
11) What outfit are you most comfortable wearing?
12) Do you have a favorite cologne?
13) Do you decorate for Halloween?
14) Do you wear slippers…if so what kind?
15) Nightgowns or PJ’s? cotton or silk?
16) Do you burn candles? What scent?
17) Do you use baskets to decorate?
18) Are there any small appliances that you would like that you haven’t gotten yet?
19) What colors do you use in your kitchen? Living room? Dining room? Bedroom? Bathroom? And what is your style ?
20) Is there anything that you would like that you haven’t bought for yourself?
21) What is your guilty pleasure?
22) Do you wear robes? Long or short?
23) Coffee or tea? Flavored ?
24) What is your favorite candy?
25) What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
26) Do you read magazines….what kind?
27) Name 3 things that you love but rarely buy for yourself

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
We buy for the little cousins on my husband side- can't do it on my side as there are almost 70 of them!

But I ask the moms what to get them, as they are all boys and I have girls. I also will ask my friends who have boys those same ages then I can get a feel of what they like or what is popular.

I do have to add though- I asked already this year and got told that dc 11 wants a metallica cd! How funny! That is something I NEVER would have thought about buying someone!