Christmas in July 2018 - Day Seventeen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Moving on to the How to Display category and today's topic is Christmas Cards. How do you display the cards you receive?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've hung ribbons besides the door and in the stairway and I clip the cards to it (that's when I was in an exchange because lots of cards). Nowadays I just display them in the armoire and any other space I have.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I hang them right below the mantle on a wire. The more I get the more festive it looks.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I've always kept ours in a decorative basket but I saw a great idea at a friend's house last year. Run garland around a doorway, from the bottom left, around the top, and ending on the bottom right and attach the cards with those small decorative clothespins that come out in craft stores with the Christmas supplies. Looked so pretty.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a Christmas box I put them in. I like the Garland in the doorway but I dont have a doorway to hang it.
I have put them in a card holder in the door before as well

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Fuchsia

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
I also do garland around the living room entryway, and on the bookcases, and tie the cards onto it. I originally saw the idea in a Victoria magazine years ago

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I place the cards on our mantle and when that fills up, then I put them on top of our piano.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a wooden moose that my grandfather made for me that has clothespins glued onto it. I use that some years and other years I just tape the cards around a door frame and display them that way. One year I made a tree out of a strand or two of Christmas lights on the wall and put the cards in the shape of a tree in the lights.

Reactions: missjane

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have some candy cane clips on string from DG that I hang on the french door using suction cups to display the photo cards, and other cards go into a basket on the hutch so we can browse through them.

I love the shutter idea!

Reactions: missjane

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I put ours in a basket for anyone others to read. I like that shutter idea too. I may have to look on Facebook Marketplace for shutters. Love the red. Maybe green or one of each!

My mom tapes her cards to the family room door.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I tape some to the door frame and put others out in various places. Finally, some go in a basket where we can look at them. We have a lot of cards between the card swap, family, and church family.