Christmas in July 2021.....July 10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have been doing well on the planning front and today we talk about wrapping gifts and the MHH wrapping party dates.

Wrapping gifts is one of those things that is often put off to the last minute. How many times have you heard of people staying up into the wee hours of Christmas morning wrapping the presents, maybe this has happened once or twice in your own home. Hopefully with a few hints from here and a little planning the gifts will be wrapped way ahead of time and you can spend Christmas Eve relaxing.

Are you choosing a theme for your wrapping this year? I know that some of us pick different wrapping for each member of the family or a theme such as gold and red, white and silver or traditional. If you are intending to use a particular theme make a note in your planner.

Do you have a supply of wrapping paper and gift bags? Many of us shop the post Christmas sales and stock up on supplies for the following year. I have enough wrapping paper and gift bags to last for a few years. I paid very little for my supplies. I don't stick to a particular theme for my wrapping, I prefer the colourful chaos under the tree.
While thinking about supplies, how are you situated for ribbons, bows and gift tags?Do you need tissue paper or gift boxes?
Maybe a CIJ project might be to sort through your supplies, toss anything that you no longer like or will not use and make a list of what supplies you may need for this year.

Do you have a wrapping station or a dedicated area where you wrap? Take the time now to set it up.
I have a small tote that I use just for wrapping. It contains 2 pair of scissors, sticky tape dispenser and extra tape, and several pens. I store this in a drawer in my craft room and I know exactly where to find it. Make a note to stock your wrapping area with these items. Then if you have an opportunity to wrap you can get right to it without the hassle of searching for supplies.
Make sure that the area you are to store your wrapped gifts is clean and tidy. Nothing worse than wrapping a gift beautifully and it gets damaged because it was not stored properly. Remember to attach gift tags securely so that they do not become dislodged.

If you are doing a marathon wrapping session, enjoy it. Get yourself a festive beverage, put on your favourite music and get it done. Maybe pull a dinner out of the freezer for that night, make things easier for your self.

Here are this years wrapping party dates, an annual tradition here at MHH.

Saturday September 25th.......3 months to go. If you don't have anything to wrap, make a list, set up a wrapping tote, make a freezer meal.
Wednesday October 14th . If the kids are at school and your spouse it at work take the time to wrap so gifts or stocking stuffers.
Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th of November. A double header. Maybe a chance to make some headway and get a lot done.
Thursday December 2nd. We have still time left, a gentle sort of panic!
Wednesday December 15th. 10 days to go, we are nearly there.
Saturday December 18th. One week to go, the end is in sight. Well done, you made it. Now sit and enjoy.

1625912196228.jpeg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wrapping party dates !!!!! I’m so happy. They are in my planner already.

I’m very well stocked with paper and tags. I can use a few more rolls of tape though. I have tons of ribbon. I haven't had ribbons on gifts for ages because of my Myron, the ribbon eater. Now that he’s gone I think I’ll star decorating packages again. I’ve started boxing a few things up already. I can’t wait to start wrapping!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I love wrapping gifts but only when I have the time... That means shopping early and wrapping early for me. Stocking stuffers are easier for me to buy and wrap ahead of time. I use whatever wrapping paper grabs my attention when I'm shopping.

I think my current stash of paper is good enough to get me started but I will need to buy more.

This year, I have a ton of brown paper gift bags that I will use instead of buying Christmas gift bags. My dd had all of her meals in college as take out due to the coronavirus. She saved the bags the take out bags. They will be easy enough to decorate them with Christmas stencils or glue on a Christmas motif.

I like the idea of pulling out a freezer meal on a big wrapping day. I do that on a big cookie baking day.

Thanks for posting the wrapping days. I just put them on my calendar. I like have reminders about wrapping even if I can't do it that day. I also like knowing that we can check in with one another to cheer each other on with our wrapping.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for posting the wrapping days. I just put them on my calendar. I like have reminders about wrapping even if I can't do it that day. I also like knowing that we can check in with one another to cheer each other on with our wrapping.
I love the wrapping days. Like you even if I have nothing to wrap I use the day as a bonus Rudy Day. I am always happy to sit and dream about Christmas,

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I love this post!! I will add the dates to my planner. I am juggling a full time job and an almost full time side gig that takes so much of my time that organization is essential this year.
I should have plenty of paper but I’m sure I will “have” to buy more when the pretty stuff catches my eye!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I have a gift wrap container, and typically pick up gift wrap on clearance after the holidays. Gift bags get recycled if they are still in good shape, and also get stowed in my gift wrap bin. Tags and bows each have a container, which keeps them in good shape for the coming holiday. I tend to select paper that will look good with my tree -- usually done in gold, silver and reds, and that is not overly expensive. For stuff that winds up in the trash, I don't want to go too overboard, and I'd prefer to buy it on sale whenever possible.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I should have plenty of paper but I’m sure I will “have” to buy more when the pretty stuff catches my eye!
I checked my paper and I really do have enough, but then something catches my eye and it has to come home with me. I think I have a problem lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I do not like wrapping. I try to wrap as I go, now, for the stocking stuffers. I have made & bought fabric bags the last few years so now everyone has one in their name which I fill as I buy.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have made & bought fabric bags the last few years so now everyone has one in their name which I fill as I buy.
I made some of these last year for DH to use. A simple draw string bag made all the difference to him and they are reusable.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am so far beyond stocked up on wrapping supplies, it's crazy! I always buy after Christmas for pennies on the dollar. Paper, ribbon, boxes, bows, some ready made tags.

I have 3 large totes that stack plus two stand up bins for the extra long rolls, FULL.

And that is just the paper!!!!

I like a mish mash under the tree too! And having so many supplies on hand makes it easy to grab unopened items and toss them into our giving pile for adopted family. The place we go through now asks for items unwrapped along with wrapping supplies so the parent(s) can do it themselves - see what the kids are getting - and just generally feel involved.

I plan to wrap early and wrap often again this year. It makes life SO much easier as the big day approaches! I have a craft room area upstairs and convert part of it to a wrapping station during the later part of the year.

The room is very large but most of it has been dedicated to a play room for DS up until now. As he is hitting that point where he is outgrowing toys I plan to transition "my" space into more of the room soon and one of my goals is to have a permanent, dedicated wrapping station. Squee!!!!