Christmas Inspriation from the Library

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
My July this summer is my busiest month, so I am not here as much as I would like too...

But yesterday I had a meeting at the library and got there a little early so I browsed and checked out some Christmas books and magazine to get me inspired.

I checked out:

Food Gifts 2010- a Better Homes and Garden special magazine type thingy

Southern Living Christmas 2010- somehow I never got that one last year when it came out

Family Fun Best of Christmas Crafts and Ideas

The Food Gifts one had lots of recipes I marked to try! Not all of them have to be food gifts although there are a lot of gift in a jar type ideas. I picked the following recipes to just try:

Gingerbread Scone Mix
Spiced Oatmeal Shortbread Wedges
Fennel Seed Wine Crackers
Bacon, Green Onion and Buttermilk Scones
Lemony Glazed Shortbread Bars
Butter Mint Cookies

Sometime this month- head to your local library and check out some Christmas idea books to browse through and inspire you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mmm.. that food list is getting me hungry!!

I have to see if dd's library card works at the library here (2 years ago they wouldn't accept it saying it was $100 for the year!!- maybe it's changed because they did change her card to be like the other one).

I've got a few Christmas magazines I bought last year, I'll be taking them out to read them during my vacation time.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Don't know why, but I always forget to use the resources at the library. Seems I'm always so busy when I go to town. Thanks for reminding me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I keep all my magazines at the library. I never have to pay for them, store them or keep them nice and neat. lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Usually I pick up a stack to take when we go on vacation during July. This month we're not leaving till August 1st, so I'll have them in tow a little late. I love the library..... and Butter Mint cookies sound good!