Christmas story

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I watched the most wonderful Christmas movie I have ever seen. the name is "Christmas story" it's on netflix. it's the story about where Santa came from. I cried half way threw it. It was the most beautiful story. You have to watch it. You won't be sorry.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Will have to look for this. I've not been using our netficks much lately. Need to get back to using it since I'm paying for it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Maybe that could be one of our Rudy Day movies.

There are still some months open- looking for hosts.

Annie

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I did see this and it was pretty good.

Last edited:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Here is a summary I found about it-it does look like a sweet story:

"Hundreds of years ago in Lapland, a little boy named Nikolas loses his family in an accident. The villagers decide to look after the orphaned boy together. Once a year - at Christmas - Nikolas moves to a new home. To show his gratitude, Nikolas decides to make toys for the children of the families as good-bye presents. Over the years, Nikolas's former adoptive families become many, and soon almost every house has presents on its doorstep on Christmas morning. At thirteen, Nikolas is sent to live and work with Iisakki, a grumpy old carpenter, who forbids Nikolas to continue making presents for Christmas. Gradually, however, Nikolas wins Iisakki's trust. Together they begin to look after the Christmas traditional that Nikolas has begun. When the aged Iisakki has to leave Nikolas and move away, the tradition of Christmas presents is once again at risk. Thankfully, Nikolas comes up with a solution that brings children joy every Christmas, even continuing to today."

TFS!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
That sounds really good! What age range would you recommend it for?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I watched it over Christmas break...it was a touching movie. DS13 even liked it.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
could you tell me who plays in this movie-went to Amazon and only movie they have is The Christmas Story-don't think that is the one you are talking about-any help would be appreciated-thanks woman

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's in my netflix list or instant watch. Maybe I'll watch it today. :) Thanks for the reminder.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just watched "Christmas Story" and this one was about a little boy who wanted to buy an angel for his sister. They also referenced the Little Angel book throughout and it was partnered with St. Jude I'm sure. I just cried at the end. I thought it has a great message for kids..okay adults too, but it heartfelt either way.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Here is a summary I found about it-it does look like a sweet story:

"Hundreds of years ago in Lapland, a little boy named Nikolas loses his family in an accident. The villagers decide to look after the orphaned boy together. Once a year - at Christmas - Nikolas moves to a new home. To show his gratitude, Nikolas decides to make toys for the children of the families as good-bye presents. Over the years, Nikolas's former adoptive families become many, and soon almost every house has presents on its doorstep on Christmas morning. At thirteen, Nikolas is sent to live and work with Iisakki, a grumpy old carpenter, who forbids Nikolas to continue making presents for Christmas. Gradually, however, Nikolas wins Iisakki's trust. Together they begin to look after the Christmas traditional that Nikolas has begun. When the aged Iisakki has to leave Nikolas and move away, the tradition of Christmas presents is once again at risk. Thankfully, Nikolas comes up with a solution that brings children joy every Christmas, even continuing to today."

TFS!

Minnie, I haven't seen the one with the little boy and the angel; The one I saw was about an orphan who was adopted by a different family in the village every Christmas. It is also on netflix that is where I saw it; then I bought it on Amazon. Smowlvr posted this blurb about it.