Christmas Tree already up?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holidayhelpelf

MHH Member
Oct 30, 2007
:grin: Our tree and decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving. It all comes down on New Year's day. We live in an apt. so don't do any outdoor decorating. Our dear son-in-law of a year will be spending his first Christmas with us this year and our daughter said she's been warning him for months about how we go all out decorating, so it will be especially fun this year. :globe:

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
We put up two of our trees today. I like to have all the decorating and trees done before Thanksgiving. I traditionally take the kids' Christmas picture the day after Thanksgiving by the tree. Then I can make copies and send out my cards by Dec. 1st.

We love the tree lights in the evenings, especially since it's so dark now so early.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
We have a teeny house so one tree is all we do-Although I'd really enjoy an outdoor tree! Maybe this year the kids an I can decorate one for the birds. Maybe the elves will leave the supplies to make some birdie ornaments!
I love the lights too, dejavu! We put a woodstove in this year and that really limits us as to where we can put the tree-but I love watching the fire on a dreary day and in the evenings-it's not a fireplace-but so cozy-just the same!
We are going to get our tree on Dec.1st but I'm not sure when we will decorate it as that's a week earlier than we usually get it. With the boys and the cat it usually needs'sprucing' up :santalol: a few times before Christmas gets here! We saw houses with Christmas lights on Halloween night! Maybe they were anxious or making a statement-not sure?! :confused:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
My Christmas trees are not up yet. We always decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving. I always like to get through the holiday before decorating my house for Christmas. Since I will be hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house I have to plan my decorating schedule around such. I will also be hosting at cookie exchange on the 8th of December - so all my decorations must be up by then.

I crank up the Christmas music, pour me a cup of hot chocolate and go to town decorating!
:bigsnow:

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
My big tree will go up this weekend! I will add the others as I decorate the rooms. My DH loves Christmas as much as I do and so he doesn't say too much about getting everything down/out for me. :rudolph:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Normally I start decorating inside Wed. nite before Thanksgiving and finish up over the week-end. BUT this year I am pretty much done inside. I have alittle to do with my kitchen yet, a couple items to bring in and some lights along the divider from dining room to front room. I love to watch the lights at night. We want to get the outside done by Thanksgiving night. My husband GOES way out for that. My nephew is home from Texas with his girlfriend and her 2 yr old and he wants her to see our decorations. That is why we're alittle earlier this year. He will not be back for Christmas and I think he wanted to see some of the old familiar things too. (maybe not) He is 24 but will be his first Christmas away. Otherwise outside we turn lights on December 1st. We live in the country and people start asking my husband back in late summer about his lights. He got 2 or 3 new pieces this year. He puts items on the roof and our son climbs up this 70 ft pine tree to put a star at the top. Probably not quite that tall this year because a storm broke the top out of it so will have to see. Man, this is a LETTER-sorry

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana your nefhew may just not want to miss your decorations.

When my cousin was in Desert Storm every letter my gram recieved from him was all he wanted was to see his grams christmas decorations. We took pictures of it all even the littlest thing. He was able to call my gram on Christmas day. He told my gram it helped being so far away (first and only time away at Christmas) to be able to see his grams house at christmas. Also that her Santa doll was out of place. After 20 years of knowing exactly how our gram decorated you noticed when things were different. That year we just got together and had dinner on Christmas. We did not have our Christmas until August when my cousin came home. My gram left her christmas decorations up all year that year. She would not take them down until my cousin was home to see them and have Christmas.

michelle3

MHH Member
Nov 16, 2007
Germany
I've put up 3 small trees for now. Every year, we go and get a real tree - usually the 2nd week in December. I can't wait!!

:bigsnow: :globe:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Got the tree up in the kitchen today. I need to add white lights on a white cord for the bottom of the tree-the lights are burned out. I also need a few more yards of ribbon.