CIJ 2011 - day 5 Tuesday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Anybody doing Christmassy stuff today?
I updated my blog with some stuff. :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I updated my blog this morning. Today's feature is The 12 Dogs of Christmas - will probably enjoy that this evening. I'm working on a snowman face disc ornament today and will work more on my holiday scarf while I'm watching the movie. Ugh, that eyelash novelty yarn is so tough to use - I was happily knitting along when I discovered I had somehow added an extra two stitches! Had to undo it and start again.

I am really enjoying When Christmas Comes by Debbie Macomber. Don't know if it's been a CIJ book before but if not, it's excellent and I certainly wouldn't mind reading it again if it's a candidate for next year. I'm also reading The Snowglobe but only a chapter every other day to make it last through CIJ (unless the chat begins and in that case, I'll speed up my reading to finish it in time for that).

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
There's a few things I'd like to do; watch a movie, continue working on my notebook, make some gift tags & anything else that strikes me.

I'll pop back in a little while.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am going to continue on my notebook today and then decide on what tags I want to do and get them going. Would also like to pick up a few gifts. Don't know if I will get that done today or not.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I started The Christmas basket by Debbie Macomber. I will read that some and not sure what else.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I didn't get anything done craft wise today but... I did locate some beautiful Christmas tree ideas. I posted some of the best ones on my blog as my Wednesday post (a bit early).

I still need to figure out what tree ideas I will use as my inspiration for this years tree.... so many pretty trees out there on the internet. Decisions.... decisions....

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cmerth, thanks for posting the Christmas trees. I love those ideas. I try to do a different color theme each year. Last year was red, black, and white.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I did get into my closet some. It didn't get me any Christmas work specifically but I did find some finished knitted dishrags for gifts and I got rid of some stuff and tomorrow, hopefully, I will finish and that includes the shelves that I use for gifts and have a few to put into my notebook.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I posted a cookie recipe on my blog that sounds yummy & can be used for different holiday's...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Well, yea. Pancake mix would work very well.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Tricia, we have a lady at our church who makes cookies with this recipe all the time. They are so good! TFS!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Jane they sound yummy...And I really like that they be used in different ways for different holiday's...

Diedra are you saying they could be made with pancake mix also?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Nothing really Christmasy today. I've just been recovering from yesterday and just dragging for whatever reason. I'm sure the heat plays into that, becuase I'm soooo tired!

I did a write up about the Hallmark Dream book on my blog though. If you haven't seen the book yet, be sure to pick one up or look it up online.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sorry, Tricia's recipe on her blog uses pancake mix.

Last edited: