CIJ - Day 10 - Sunday - 7/10/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MORE SIGNS OF CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!!

Toys-R-Us is having a Christmas in July Sale this week. I got a notice from their web-site about this sale. It is a buy-one-get-one-for-half-price sale on various categories. Does anybody know if they are doing any lay-aways or any other Christmas promotions this year?

I am really itching to get to a bricks-and-mortar store and physically see some Christmas items. But this afternoon..... I've got to prioritize trying to save my garden from the double killers: heat and lack of rain. (In my mind... it may be a beautifully snowing Christmtas scene..... but outside it is REALLY... . JULY!!!!!! UGH!!!!)

I'll work on Christmas cards. And, of course, read posts and blogs and go to websites!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just saw the Christmas in July sale at Michael's and will try to get over to that.

Also, I finished the Southern Living Christmas 2011 book last night (or this morning) and have to copy out some recipes and craft ideas...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Christmas Vacation comes on today at 3 on the Comedy channel so I am going to try to watch that and then record one that comes on tonight. It's Jeff Dunham (a very funny ventriquilist -sp) has a Christmsa special tonight. May get the boys to watch that they think he is funny. Enjoy your day

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did a search and found those as well. I had my DVR set, but maybe I'll just watch them live today. I'm staying home, so I'm not sure what I'll come up with for today yet. It's past noon and I'm barely up and adam.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Watched a Christmas Ally McBeal program yesterday. Loved the music, the scenes!
Posted on my blog too.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My daughter is heading off to console a BFF with boyfriend problems this evening so I'll be enjoying my kick-off to a Hollywood Christmas with a party for one! I've moved the Spicy Sausage and Potato Squares from a brunch dish to a dinner dish and I'll be enjoying it with a Mimosa and Elf. Maybe I can find a bit of red carpet to walk on over to my chair as if I was attending a premiere night event!

Update: Oh my goodness, the aroma of the Spicy Sausage and Potato Squares was enough to drive me insane, but the taste...indescribably delicious and so easy!

Here's the link because my daughter has my camera and you have to see the photo to start drooling!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/sp...squares/74e7d52e-4d5d-4e11-a401-a9559061a01a/

Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I did pick up a Christmas gift while at the outlets. Yankee was having Christmas in July...large jars for 12 dollars, so I bought myself one and one for my mom in Christmas scents.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This morning I made some home-made cinnamon rolls (I make these around Christmas) and 2 double batches of choclolate chip cookies, some to give away and some to freeze. We are beating the heat by watching Christmas Vacation! It's Christmas in our home!!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I've been pretty busy the past few days and haven't had much time for anything Christmassy but I have been managing to check posts and update my blog.

Today I watched a Christmas movie.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I didn't do much except research my blog post for today (it is up on my blog). I am going to do themed Christmas decoration posts tonight and Tuesday night.

I want to sit down tonight and work on Christmas cracker ornaments. We will see how those turn out. This will be my first time making Christmas crackers.

I had trouble with my leg today so I sat in bed with the heating pad on it and knitting.

My guys were gone yesterday and today camping. I spend a good chunk of the weekend cleaning and knitting. I am knitting a pretty pink baby blanket. Oh, I love knitting in pink.

My house hasn't been this clean in.... FOREVER!! That should change once my guys unpack their camping gear. :( GRRR!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cmerth & christmasrocks -I,ve tried posting on your blogs but haven't been able too.
I love reading all those christmas blogs.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I'm still taking every spare free moment to plan out my room themes for fall and Christmas. I get so excited because I want it all. LOL

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mostly, I've just spent time looking at people's blogs about Christmas for ideas. So many of the recipes sound good. Maybe I'll try some while we are on vacation for breakfast and supper.

I want to use reindeer to decorate on top of the piano this year. I have been searching the web, but so far, I haven't seen what I want. A couple of years ago, Kirkland's had some super nice ones. I should have bought them...hindsight...I've regretted it since. Maybe they will have some this year.