CIJ - Day 12 - Tuesday, 12 July, 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Good Morning and Happy Christmas in July. We're now on Day 12!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I'm starting the day with a nice hot mug of peppermint tea. I've also lit my cinnamon candle; It smells lovely!

I'm staying in the house today so I've got lots of fun Christmassy things planned. I've posted my to-do list over on the chit chat thread but I think I'll post my Christmas to-do list here too.

[X] Organise Chirstmas cds
[] [] [] Sort through gift closet, organise and document
[X] Find last years (and years before) Christmas cards up the loft
[] [] [] Make some gift tags
[X] Watch a Christmas movie
[X] Have a mug of hot chocolate
[X] Check out link christmas site

Happy Christmas in July! What Christmassy things do you have planned for today?

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Christmasrocks, what a great day you'll be having :)

I've posted on my blog and will read Christmas related blogs and links.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi christmasrocks and luludou! I'm celebrating with you!

Did you see the thread that missjane posted about the Southern Living magazine feature on Christmas in July! Do check that thread out!!!!!

I WAS going to the library.... but it was SO NICE to search the web for Christmas Living instead!!!!!

Dh and I are working on finances. I am definitely counting THAT as a Christmas in July activity!!!!! (If the gas and electricity is turned off.... I just will not feel as Christmassy in December!)

I was looking through a Christmas ideas book.... and I saw a recipe for Baked Alaska. It IS something that you can do with "older children". And.... it has become so "rare".... that it seems really special! Maybe not for a holiday dinner. But.... to make another evening special!!!!!

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
baked alaska... haven't had that since my 5th grade class made it in school... I'm pretty sure it didn't turn out exactly right but it was a) a lot of fun and b) still yummy. :) I might have to go find a recipe for that.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
Christmasrocks, what a great day you'll be having :)

I've posted on my blog and will read Christmas related blogs and links.

love your blog... had to laugh though at day 8 and decorating your car.. I have the reindeer antlers/nose for the car (also have the rabbit ears/nose for easter) and I love them! (and as an added bonus.. drives my 16yr old dd absolutely nuts :) )

maggie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nicurn92, I do not have the decorations for my car but yes I think it would drive my teens crazy too ;)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Not sure what i will be getting in today if any thing. I think I will go check out southern living for a bit before I get off line. I should post to my blog again.

Tania- sounds like a great day

SN=you are right if we don't have money during the holidys for gifts or bills you don't feel like celebrating.

Lucie-checked out your blog today

nicurn92- I have never made baked alaska would love to hear howyours turns out if you try it

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My plans are to look at blogs(have some pulling up now), maybe post on mine later. A well as wish it was Christmas time so it would be cooler:)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Looking through Christmas notebook. Found a gift wish list i did for DDs last year. It has categories according to cost. That way when aunts, cousins asked what do they want, I had some ideas in different price ranges to tell them.
There were:
1.00-10.00
11.00-25.00
26.00-50.00
51.00-99.00
100 up
Things I want to get friends
Things I want to get teachers (school &church)
Gifts I really want

That way I had some choices and knew what they wanted most.