CIJ Day 14 - Put it On The Tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2022 07 03 CIJ Banner (4).png

Well, our last day of Put It On The Tree .... is Themes!

Drum Roll, Please!

Are you into .... transportation?? LOL

Themes (1) - Copy.png

(Click on the pictures and they open up bigger, I believe)

Maybe you like animals, sewing, or coffee!

Themes (2) - Copy.png

What could be better than sea-life, wildlife, or ... candy!!

Themes (3) - Copy.png

Sentimental photos create a special tree, or yee haw cowboy decorations feel cozy, or how about fashion?!

Themes (4) - Copy.png

These have inspired me to maybe think about a theme this year. I have always just had a hodge podge of Christmas ornaments on our tree and I do like that but maybe .... I could do something with a theme. Like a small tree in my computer/crochet room! With yarn! LOL

7 Unique CHRISTMAS THEMES for 2021 | Coastal, Glam, Rustic, Traditional & more!

Festive Music and Ideas to Inspire You!!
Unique and Unusual Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas

Do you all have themes you do or have done in the past?

Reactions: farmerswife

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the cat tree-topper!
My cousin has all those candy decorations and they look fabulous.
I LOVE the photo tree - my favorite... I will keep that one in mind - it is really awesome.
I have a small kitchen-themed tree (small cookie cutters, fake gingerbread cookies, small ustensils)
Would not have thought of an oriental-themed Christmas.

Thank you for this post!

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I love to look at theme trees, but have not done one, entirely. I tend to stick with the same / similar decor year after year, so I'm not buying a ton of decorations every year. My tree is typically white lights, red, silver, and gold ornaments, with family heirloom ornaments and other special ornaments interspersed, and some nautical-themed ornaments thrown in for some good memories. I have both a tall pointy tree topper and a plaid angel. If I'm using the angel, I'll use my plaid tree skirt; if I use the star, I'll go with the plain red skirt with red faux fur border. I have a smaller tabletop tree in my family room that has white lights, as well, and is covered with snowflake ornaments my mother made. I have a lot of nautical ornaments that I don't regularly use. I kept them, thinking I'd do a 3rd tree in my office area (lower level), but have never gotten around to doing that. Maybe some day.

Photo below of my tree (my pup is the white one, DDs pup is the goldendoodle). Can't find a pic of my snowflake tree, but have included the mantle at my old house, with a few of the snowflake ornaments.

1657807302413.png
1657807443088.png

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
PiggieTree.jpgMy Piggie Tree.

Love the other theme trees, especially the drum tree. My dad was a drummer.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I like those NEED, READ, WANT labels. Do you have a template by any chance?
And I just realized that I totally skipped over the cute wrap and tissue. Where did you find it?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I like those NEED, READ, WANT labels. Do you have a template by any chance?
As soon as I find them I will send you a link.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh! LOL ..... The labels actually say "Need, Read, Want" .... I just caught that. :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, love your piggie tree and the gifts look so wonderful wrapped and tagged.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't have a themed tree, we only have one main tree in our loungeroom.
I love though all the different ideas. If we were going to have a theme it would probably be dogs or things from when we were growing up, 60's, 70's and 80's which would now be considered vintage lol.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I think this would be fun for a teacher, at a library or dorm student.

Attachments

• Book Christmas Tree.jpeg
    Book Christmas Tree.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I've had themed trees in the past. My favorite was the year my boys were just walking and getting into everything, probably around 2 and 3 years old. They are 14 months apart and I was 40 and 41 when they were born, so sisters. momma was TIRED! Keeping toddlers out of my vintage hand blown Christmas ornaments did not seem like a fun time.

I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased about 30 stuffed plush snowmen, about 6 inches tall each. I wrapped the tree in multi colored lights in 3 sizes-twinkle lights, C9 bulbs and big round bulbs-then added the snowmen using the scarves around their necks to tie them to the tree. I stuffed cotton batting (like you use for quilting) between the branches and called it good. They could touch and play to their hearts content and i didn't have to worry about them getting hurt or breaking anything. That tree was such a hit with everyone who saw it that I repeated it 3 or 4 more years!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Oh and I also have a jingle bell collection that I would hang on a 6 foot tree in the kitchen. If little fingers did touch it, the jingle bells gave them away! I loved that tree. I might do it again this year. But I have no more little fingers to jingle it, just big men!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh and I also have a jingle bell collection that I would hang on a 6 foot tree in the kitchen. If little fingers did touch it, the jingle bells gave them away! I loved that tree. I might do it again this year. But I have no more little fingers to jingle it, just big men!!!
Would love to see a photo of your jingle bell collection.(was going to say would love to see a photo of your jingle bells but that didn’t sound right) lol

Reactions: jampss