CIJ - day 2!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I posted on my blog : a recipe, a craft & a joke. I will also try to work on a handmade gift a little more.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I am going to get out my collection of holiday children's picture books, read and go thru them. Maybe I will share my favorites over the month!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am working on my gift list trying to decide on a few gifts for outside family members. My goal for CIJ is to come up with at least 3 new gift ideas a week.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did some blogging and I'm inviting a few friends over for a dinner on the 25th. I'll probably finish that up today. But tonight is all about Eclipse for me. So I won't get nearly as much done today as yesterday, but I do want to go work on my CIJ journal entry for today.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids are always bugging me that I only make certain kinds of treats at Christmas and why don't I ever make them during the year.

Good question.

Since it is raining and cool here, I am going to pick a treat that I only make at Christmas and make some today.

Won't they be surprised!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Mel, that sounds like a great idea! What did you decide to make?

For me, I added a tiny snowglobe to my tiny tree on my desk.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Kim,

I made a new recipe - Chocolate Gingerbread Cake and I must have done something wrong because it was disgusting!! Had to throw it out.

Maybe I will stick with cookies.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I think I have a DD after my own holiday heart. I have not done anything overt yet for CIJ.

BUT.... out of the blue this afternoon my daughter did 2 things in totally in the holiday spirit.

1. She started talking about her elf- Ishka Bibble. She wants to write him a note and asked if he knew the St. Patrick's Day leprechaun.

2. She asked if she could have some hot apple cider or hot chocolate. No hot chocolate but I had 2 packets of cider left so I made her some. She was all smiley-smiley drinking it. I had some too!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a beautiful christmas book that I was given many years ago in which you write your own family's traditions. It is one of those fill in the blanks type of books. I will pull that down from the book shelf today along with all my other Christmas books. I think I will leave them out all month long.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oooohhhhhh.... me too, sweetpumpkinpye!!! I want to leave my Christmas books out all year long too!!!!!

AND... I WANT a tiny snowglobe and a tiny tree too, Kim Loves Snow! I can picture each one of these wonderful ideas SO CLEARLY!

Pixiestick -- what a wonderful daughter! I see many wonderful Christmassy times for the two of you!

Happy2beme -- why don't you and I BUY gingerbread cakes and BUY fabulous dark chocolate..... AND MELT THE CHOCOLATE AND POUR IT ALL OVER THE GINGERBREAD!!! Sorry about the all-caps... I got so excited!!!!!!!

Minnieco -- good for you for making the commitment to dinner on the 25th!!!!!! :thankyou: