CIJ - Day 2

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy Day Two of Christmas in July!

So far.... I have been taking lots of breaks during the day.... to read various CIJ threads... and BLOGS! And sometimes.... blogs lead you to other blogs! Quite delightful!

Also.... I decided to do some decorating for CIJ! I have oner of those black metal, three basket tier-things.... this one has a small black metal star on top. Sp.... I brought it into the office-guest room.... to fill with Christmassy-things. Yesterday.... only ONE thing made it into one of the baskets. However.... it is one of the adorable birds that I bought at a 75% off after-Christmas-sale this year. They are so pretty! Over time.... I'll get around to adding more of them to that basket.

For our July Decluttering Club..... I am working in the office/guest room. So..... that is the place I will decorate!

Today.... there is a family birthday brunch. Family party for dgs age 10!!!!!!! After that.... I hope for lots of CIJ pleasure! (And also lots of decluttering-for-Christmas 2011.)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning, SparkleNana! I really need to join the Decluttering Club, my basement needs a lot of attention. It's going to be hot today so I'll be basking in thoughts of snow-covered landscapes while I work on my Felt Mistletoe Ornament and enjoy Christmas in July (the movie) with Dick Powell. I know what you mean about blog-reading leading to another blog and another and another. I have added so many to my Google Reader and this morning, up popped a whole host of CIJ posts with great ideas for yummy food and neat crafts and decorating ideas. Have a wonderful CIJ - Day 2!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cleaning house to Christmas music today.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I've posted my full list over on the CiJ to do list thread.

Today I plan on watching a Christmas movie - probably bad santa.

I'll work a little on my Christmas budget. It needs tweaked. I have another person to add and two people to take off. So it'll need adjusted.

I'd also like to search around for some 12 days of Christmas ideas. I want to do this this year with my mother.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Everyone has some great plans for today. Enjoy the first CIJ weekend. Do try the frozen hot chocolate.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I got some window valences today that are in a retro fabric and I want to go to the store and find ribbom and some kind of trim so I can try to turn them into aprons.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh good idea. I will be looking at window Valances differently.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN - thanks for starting the thread - had company today so I'm getting on here late.

Really hot today so today my CIJ fun will be to browse cij blogs :)

I also posted on my blog for CIJ day 2

Have fun!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Well I've adjusted my budget and watched bad santa.

I think I'll put the old animated How The Grinch Stole Christmas next.

I wanted to try the ****tail on Pamela's blog but I don't have any of the drinks needed so I've just poured myself a little of my favourite tipple. Cheers!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Christmasrocks, I'll join you in a cheers! off to get a good glass of water (too bad I don't have lemon) and sit outside in the sun.

Have added to my pricewatches at both futureshop & bestbuy the 360xbox bundle with kinnect - now at $300 - will be our family gift for this year. Yippi! one less thing to think about. I will buy the sports & yoga game for it. maybe dance revolution for dd.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Hehe. Cheers right back, Lucie!

I just love How the Grinch Stole Christmas and I'm glad I chose to watch that movie.

I'm now working on my Christmas notebook. I know this is going to be a work in progress and will take me quite a while. I only work on it for blocks of 30mins to an hour so it's little by little but I'm sure by the end of the month I'll have all my papers filed away and my notebook up to date again.

I've updated my blog.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We plan on watching, "Deck the Halls, with treats of course. We've also been copying recipes we'd like to try to notepad. The recipes our from a free cookbook that I picked up for my Nook. I've also been looking at some blogs. As well as updating my blog with a new CIJ post.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I spent my day vintage shopping. Something I seem to be doing alot lately. But I found some great cards I'm going to turn into framed art for Christmas.

And speaking of valences, I found some tea towels I'm going to make into a valence over my kitchen window. I bought those today as well.