CIJ Day 22

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome, To Day 22 CIJ!

I have "Put it on the menu and in a Book"

First off I would like to say that I am alittle nervous----following all the previous posters that have had such great ideals for us all to try!

And then I would like to thank Jody for posting my days while I am away. I know it is taking time out of your day and I do appreciate it.

Okay, for the first day I am posting some recipes that I have not tried yet. I am hoping to try these before Christmas and see if they make it into my goodie giving recipe book! Please let us know if you try any and how you rate them.

Who doesn't taste the dough? So let it be the treat.

Cookie Dough Fudge

Cookie Dough Fudge is an easy, no-cook fudge that tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough and is made with sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips.

Ingredients

1 cup (200g) brown sugar, packed

½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon kosher salt

1½ cups (187.5g) all-purpose flour

1 cup (168g) milk chocolate chips

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1½ cups white chocolate chips, melted

Instructions

If preferred, bake the flour ahead of time. Place it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F.

In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.

Add vanilla and salt. Blend until combined.

Add flour and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips, reserving some for the topping.

Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and melted white chocolate.

Fold the white chocolate mixture into the cookie dough mixture.

Pour into prepared pan and top with reserved chocolate chips.

Chill until firm (about 2 hours) before cutting and serving.

Tiger Butter Fudge

24 ounces white chocolate chips

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup milk chocolate chips

Melt the white chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter together in short bursts in the microwave.

Pour into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment.

In a seperate bowl melt the milk chocolate chips.

Pour the melted milk chocolate chips over mixture in pan.

Swirl around with knife/toothpick until you like the pattern.

Let sit at least 2 hours or until hardened and then cut into squares.

Pecan Carmel Clusters

1 (14 oz.) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped

3 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons water

2 cups chopped pecans

1 pound dark chocolate broken into small pieces

Place caramels, butter and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth about 3 minutes and stir in pecan pieces.

Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.

Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth--1 to 2 minutes. Dip each caramel cluster into chocolate using a fondue fork until coated. Place on parchment paper to dry. Chill until firm-if necessary.

Peanut Clusters

1 (12oz.) pkg. peanut butter chips

1 lb. salted peanuts

1 (6oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

Melt peanut butter chips and chocolate chips together over low heat or in double boiler. Add peanuts. Drop onto waxed paper in clusters-let harden. Let set and store in airtight container.

I thought this recipe sounded good and different.

Chocolate Covered Cherries-Baked

1 1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup cocoa

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup margarine (softened)

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

16-oz. jar Maraschino cherries (need about 30)

1 (6 oz.) package semisweet chocolate pieces

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Seperately beat together butter & sugar until fluffy. Add egg & vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients & beat until well blended. Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.( I'd use parchment paper) Press down center of each ball with thumb. Drain cherries and reserve juice. Place 1-2 cherries in center of each cookie. In small sauce pan combine chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk. Heat until chocolate melts. Stir in 4 teaspoons of reserved cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of frosting over each cherry to cover. Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool completely.

Rolo Rageous Cookies

2 cups margarine

2 cups sugar

2 cups brown sugar

4 eggs

4 tsp. vanilla

4 1/2 cup flour

1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 tsp. baking soda

80 Rolo chocolates

Cream margarine & sugars. Beat in eggs & vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture. Chill dough. Shape dough around 1 candy, being sure to cover completely. Bake at 375 for 7 to 10 minutes.

A couple different ways to give treats are:

Attachments

• IMG_2725.JPG
    IMG_2725.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2730.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2729.JPG
    IMG_2729.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2726.JPG
    IMG_2726.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2728.JPG
    IMG_2728.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 3

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
A reminder from Debbie:
"Let’s not forget that I am still gathering recipes for the second volume of the MHH cookbook.

This month I am looking for warm weather recipes – salads, soups, sandwiches – easy to make and easy to eat.

July will bring us to Christmas in July which is a good time to share recipes for the upcoming holiday. What recipes did you try last Christmas that are keepers? Did family and friends share recipes for new tastes that you just loved? It would be great to have them for our book.

August will be the height of Summer so I’ll be asking for BBQ recipes.

September is Back to School and a whole bunch of Jewish holidays – looking for snack recipes for when the kids come home from school and also canning/freezing/preserving recipes as we enjoy the harvest.

October will feature Thanksgiving recipes – for both the Canadian and American holiday and special treats for Halloween and Guy Fawkes Day/Bonfire Night.

The cookbook will be “published” in November so it will be available for holiday gifting.

Debbie”

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Love the fudge recipes. Can't wait to try the cookie dough one!

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm not much of a chocolate person but my dh loves to get fudge from a shop at the shore every summer. I heard it is $17 a pound this year! I may try my hand a making some of these fudge and candy recipes in the fall.

I have not forgotten Debbie's labor of love for this MHH community. Again, hoping to get to get caught up in sending the recipes in the fall.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
That first fudge sounds yummy. Baking the flour first … interesting. I believe I will add ingredients to my ALDI’s list!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Jody - thank you for posting!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul