CIJ - Day 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What Christmas fun are you planning, doing or having today?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I posted on my blog a recipe, a craft & a joke.
I also managed to finish a handmade gift for my niece (pic is on my blog).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
lucie- that is SO CUTE- Love it!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Day Four of our Christmas In July. I have been thinking about "holidays" today........ after all, it is Independence Day in the USA! I realize that.... the idea of a "holiday feast" is important to me!!!! A "holiday feast" is emotionally -- AND physically -- very satisfying! ESPECIALLY a feast that has dishes contributed by many people!!!

Today there was a great "holiday feast" at the swimming pool. Cooked hamburgers, hot dogs and veggie dogs -- and sodas -- were provided by the pool. And -- everyone really put effort into providing WONDERFUL side dishes and desserts. Many, many, MANY different selections! And quite plentiful!!! EVERYONE felt very well cared for! And felt that this day had been marked in a very special way!

I want to carry this over to our Christmas celebration! It definitely takes planning and effort....... but I, PERSONALLY, really, really enjoy it!!!!!

So...... all the more reason to prepare NOW for Christmas! That will leave more time.... and energy...... in December...... for things like parties and feasts!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I managed to finish 1 christmas pillowcase. It's not perfect (the sewing lines are a bit crooked and I glued the pocket instead of sewing it - I didn't want the sewing to show on the outside) but it's nice! I'll post pics when the 2nd will be done (and I don't think it'll be this week or next one but soon). I'll put a poem in the pocket with a little $$ and that'll be a gift brought by the elves.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
While I did not get to do anything specific for CIJ today I feel the spirit everytime I stop in here. I'm taking my Fall/Holiday notebook up to my parents house to go over a few things with me mom the brief time we'll be there and I'm always thinking and planning in my head!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I'll continue working on a plastic canvas project. Yesterday I started assembling the third set of little Christmas blocks that is a gift for one of three special ladies I appreciate at my church. The organist and pianist are volunteers who have provided accompaniment for years. A third lady is always ready to fill in as needed for either of the others. In appreciate for their faithfulness to their ministry for the congregation I have handmade them a Christmas decoration for a number of years now. Given along with homemade cookies this is my thank you.

Charlotte

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I started knitting another dishrag. That is about all I know to knit. Not sure who they are for but prob teachers

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
I did some knitting too! I took the dishcloth link that I found posted here and made the animal cloths in cotton and then decided to make a napping blanket for my grandson. They have the alphabet letters patterns listed, so I am making 3 strips spelling out his first, middle and last name. I will then crochet around the whole thing to finish it off and see if I need to add more rounds to make it larger. I have finished his first name. Anthony has 7 letters in each of his first middle and last name so that is easy. For my grandaughter, Vanesa, hers isn't even so I will add a square with a bird or puppy or cat wherever needed to make it all even. I am using worsted weight yarns for these blankets. They both go to daycare so that is where I am thinking they will use them at.
Cathie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
That's such a cute idea about the blanket w/ name. I bet it will be adorable