Cmerth's World for 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I decided to be brave and post my reasons for my word for 2011. My word is simplify.

My life tends to get super complicated. When it does I get panic attacks...it just adds to my stress.

There are several aspects in my life I want to simply-- my home. I am decluttering quite ruthlessly. When I get sick and I have a messy house I just can't relax and get better. I am finding the less stuff that we have and the less we take out the less "complicated" life gets.

My medical life-- Having a life threatening illness can be crazy. We have started to simplify things by scheduling all of my appointments on one day. I am also trying to stay organized by keeping all my medical paperwork-- doctors notes, insurance papers and stuff in once spot. I am also during my IV treatments at the hospital. We tried to do one part of one at home and it just so complicated. I am keeping things simple by just staying in the hospital the whole time.

My day-- I am going to do my best to stick to my to do list for each day and not keep adding new tasks. I need to realize my limitations-- there are only so many hours each day. A few tasks done--- my day is done. My grandma who just passed away had a simple life... she relaxed a lot and enjoyed the beauty around her. I want to do that more.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cmerth I look forward to following your journey. Simplify - that would be a great word for me too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This is beautiful. Know that you are in my prayers.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thank you for sharing your word....I learn so much from others here at MHH and look forward to reading about you "living simplify"

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like your word & look forward to following you & learning as you simplify...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
cmerth what great words. My goal over the past few years has been to simplify. It takes a while because we are so used to doing things a certain way. Often we feel we are being selfish if we want to change things to suit ourselves. I am certainly a lot happier since I cut back on a lot of things and focused on my families and my needs.

Good luck with your journey, I look forward to following.